• 148(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
(2017-03-05, 17:39)MariusTh86 Wrote: What issues are you having?

From the link I can see they still use the "id" tag, and ViMM also uses the "title" tag with the show name, I could add the <showtitle> tag if that helps.

I think the issue is the formatting or order of the tags in the .nfo more do then anything else.

Both ME and TMM seems to create same "order" (not sure of correct term) in the .nfo.

Am I making sense lol? Not sure if I am artulacting this properly.

Thanks
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
I can have a look at the order, but i'm still not clear what the actual issue is that you're seeing.

Edit
Sorry, i'm scrolling back to the first post only now, could you see if moving the <id> tags further to the bottom resolves the issue?
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
(2017-03-05, 19:27)MariusTh86 Wrote: I can have a look at the order, but i'm still not clear what the actual issue is that you're seeing.

Edit
Sorry, i'm scrolling back to the first post only now, could you see if moving the <id> tags further to the bottom resolves the issue?

I believe that will I can test it. I sent you a PM with a DB link to 2example nfo's so you can see the entire file.

Thanks a lot for looking at this.

Let me know if you have any more questions
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-03-05, 19:27)MariusTh86 Wrote: I can have a look at the order, but i'm still not clear what the actual issue is that you're seeing.

Edit

Did what I sent you in pm make sense?
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
I can see some slight differences in the files, but they're mainly the same, did manually editing the .nfo file in a text editor to move the <ID> tag further down have any effect in your trials?
Yes seemed to.

Having the <title>xxxx<title> Being the first line seems to be what is crutial.
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
I've uploaded a new nightly which moves the ID's down below the titles, let me know how it goes:

https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et
Hello,

I just started using this and love it. It is very user friendly. I do have a couple feature requests.

The first I would no longer need however for someone transitioning from iTunes or wanting to use both iTunes and kodi it would be nice to have this recognize iTunes TV Show folder format. That was my only real issue switching from using iTunes.

My second feature request would be for the sets manager. It would be nice to be able to add a movie into multiple sets, similar to how it can be in multiple genres. This way I could add "The Nightmare Before Christmas" into both my Christmas, Halloween, and Tim Burton sets. Also my "Pirates of the Caribbean" can be in the Pirates of the Caribbean and Johnny Depp set. And most importantly "Batman vs. Superman" can be in both Batman and Superman sets.

I do not know the feasibility of these requests or if there is an option that I am not seeing to make this work the way I would like to already, but thank you for your work. This software I would assume has saved many people from manually typing .nfo files
Hi Johntys3,

I don't think i'll be able to use iTunes TV Show folder formatting, but you can possibly tell ViMM not to move the video files it finds by going into 'File' > 'Preferences' and turning off the option for 'Keep media folders organised', of course this will also disable moving movie files.

And instead of using multiple sets, which isn't supported by Kodi for as far as I am aware of, and listening to your description of how you want to use them, I believe you will want to use the 'Tags' field instead, which you can comma seperate.

I hope this helps. ^^
ViMediaManger is hanging. Version 0.7 14c on macOS 10.12.4

I'm new to ViMediManger. I was using Windows with Ember Media Manger with ~1000 movies on a NAS until my Win box crashed and I moved to a mac.

I installed ViMediManger and pointed it at my movies on the NAS. It scanned them (they all have imagery and an NFO) and it shows them correctly.

If I select update media on one of my movies, ViMediManger downloads new media I don't have (looking in the dir I can see new disk art, etc) and it seems to work fine except it hangs on last step with the window Metadata saying "Writing information file..." the graphical line show all blue like it's finished, but it hangs.

It never returns and I have to kill the process. When I start ViMediManger again all seems ok and that moves metadata has been updated.

I have removed and installed ViMediaManger twice following the suggestion in the guide on removing the setup files, etc.

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thank you
Alright I'm sure there is a simple fix for this and I've been looking for awhile for a solution and can't seem to find it, but it seems like the more movies I add the less that ViMM recognizes when I try to "update list". Every movie has its own folder inside my movies folder. When a movie wasn't added during the update list my old solution was to rename the folder to something that ViMM had been recognizing. For instance when I added "Robin Hood Prince of thieves" "robin hood men in tights" and "robin hood". ViMM would not recognize a folder named "Robin Hood" but it would recognize "Robin.Hood" so I would 1 by 1 change my folder names to "Robin.Hood" and use the manual search option to get the correct metadata.

My new issue is that the folder names that I used to use to get ViMM to recognize them are not working any more. "31" had been what I've been using since it was simple and the movie would be close to the top of the list when I would go do a manual search.

All of the folders are named either NAME (YEAR) or NAME and contain only either a .mkv or .mp4 file and sometimes a .srt file

I am wondering why would ViMM not pick up some of the folders during the update list in the first place. It seems like the name of the folder/file should only be an issue when fetching the meta data. If there is something in the preferences I am missing it.

The other thing I am wondering is if there is a way to manually add to the movie list rather than rely on the update list function.

I am also having a similar issue trying to add a single new episode to a TV series that I already have added. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. usually I will add the file directly to the season folder that it belongs in named SERIESTITLE S##E## EPISODE TITLE, then update list and fetch metadata and that works most often, some times though I will need to move the file to Series folder instead of the season folder then update the list and sometimes I have to remove the SERIESTITLE from the file name and try it in both the folders, but most of the time I have to clean and remove my entire TV shows library and build it from scratch to get a single episode added.

I also believe there is a simple solution to this problem that I can't seem to find.

In the user manual it says to try deleting 2 things
/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Preferences/com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager-alpha.plist
and
/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/ViMediaManager

however I don't have a Library folder under /YOURUSERNAME it is at the same level as users I do have Library/Preferences and Library/Application Support but neither of those folders contain com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager-alpha.plist or ViMediaManager

I was going to add screenshots of my preferences but I can not add them directly here and it just shows how I want them renamed and where to look for them but if they will help let me know and I will find an image hosting site to add them to so I can show them here.

Thanks

Update:
As I stated in a previous post where I had some suggestions, I used to use iTunes for all of my media before switching to Kodi, so my Movies folder was in the iTunes parent folder. For the sake of cleaning things up a bit I moved all my media out of the iTunes folder and deleted the unused folders.
When I rebuilt my library after changing the location all of my movies that I could not get to add using the update list were added.

I still do not know why ViMM would not add them using the update list function, but if anyone experiences this same issue try adding or removing your Movies folder to or from a parent folder and rebuild the library. since all of the metadata was already there except for the movies I could not get to add earlier it only took 2 minutes to complete.

If I have the same issue in the future I will simply add my media to an untitled parent folder and let you know if it fixes it.

Thanks
Seeing something weird lately...the renaming is working quite right. The directory doesn't get renamed at all, and the filename gets repeated multiple times, with a "?" in between each. Has anyone seen that behavior before? I'm using the latest nightly...not sure when the issue came up. But sometime in the last 3 or so weeks.
(2017-04-22, 23:09)bsotak Wrote: Seeing something weird lately...the renaming is working quite right. The directory doesn't get renamed at all, and the filename gets repeated multiple times, with a "?" in between each. Has anyone seen that behavior before? I'm using the latest nightly...not sure when the issue came up. But sometime in the last 3 or so weeks.

I've had some renaming issues in the past. None like what you're describing, most of the time I've just needed to use the rename tool. some of the time I've needed to use the clean function then do a manual search and rename if it did not rename with the search. I'm sure you've double checked your preferences for renaming, I have kids that like to get on my computer and change random preferences in various programs so that's usually the first thing I check when I have unexpected issues.

best of luck
@johntys3: The simplest solution I can think of is to try the 'Rescan folders' option under the files menu in order for ViMM to clear the media list completely and start scanning from scratch:
(2017-04-11, 02:12)johntys3 Wrote: In the user manual it says to try deleting 2 things
/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Preferences/com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager-alpha.plist
and
/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/ViMediaManager

however I don't have a Library folder under /YOURUSERNAME
That is not where it is. It is under /Users/YOURUSERNAME. The OS makes a half-hearted attempt to hide this folder from you.

If your username is johntys3, with the Finder active, in the Go menu, choose Go To Folder.... Then enter
/Users/johntys3/Library
I'll be surprised if it's not there. There are various ways to make it easier to access.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
  • 148(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19