• 149(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
Can ViMediaManager manipulate the Kodi database or does it just create nfo files for Kodi? I know it does other things, but as far as the Kodi integration--database or nfo files?

Thanks
(2017-05-23, 03:07)476429 Wrote: Can ViMediaManager manipulate the Kodi database or does it just create nfo files for Kodi? I know it does other things, but as far as the Kodi integration--database or nfo files?

Thanks

It creates the nfo files. If you use the info only scraper (and maybe others like UMS) in Kodi the scraper will read the nfo file and add the contents to the Kodi db.

I've only tried it with "info only".
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Ah, thanks for the nfo. :-)
Great little program!

I have an issue now though - it won't add any new titles. It found the new video files in the folder, put them into individual directories, but doesn't pick them up on refresh.

Rescanning doesn't change anything either. I'm on the latest for Retina.

I'm thinking to scrap the database and run from scratch - what would you propose?

Cheers, Dave
I would propose the same, but just in case, I'd scroll through the entire list or use the search function to see if they didn't get added anyway at an unexpected position.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
*** OK, ignore, I now see the instructions for this in the first post of the thread *** Thanks! ***

No, I don't find them anywhere.

So, how would I delete the existing database (or perhaps there's a FAQ/Help somewhere you could point me towards?)

Cheers!
For a past few days, Im experiencing issue with Fanart.tv, I can not download images.

I got that fanart.tv API might be down. Is it possible for you to contact them since they have subforum dedicated to Apps and API?

Thanks Smile
You're not the only one, as I've noticed this too, but from a little test I performed it seems that Fanart.TV's API server is fine and available, though they may have recently updated them to disallow the old HTTP 1.0 protocol which ViMM makes use off to fetch information from them.

Unfortunately I can't easily fix this problem in the current version of ViMM due to limitations in the tool I used to build it...

All is not lost though, using a newer version of the tool I should be able to scrape fanart.tv's api's once more, however I still need to rebuild ViMediaManager practically from scratch like I've been meaning to do for ages, but due to the amount of work needed to be done on it, and trying to get new ideas for an improved interface, I kept putting off the work, but now I guess I've got some proper motivation to build the new and improved ViMediaManager. Wink

Of course, it'll take some time before this is done as I'll need to implement new ways of fetching the information, in the mean time you may want to disable fanart.tv support under 'Preferences > Services > Fanart.tv' to stop the message from showing up every time, and make do with art from alternative sources.
Has anyone upgraded to High Sierra and had ViMM work fine?  Several times since upgrading it's been borking the settings and other various support files so I have to delete everything and go back to factory fresh and reset all preferences.  Maybe it's just me?
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
(2017-09-14, 00:15)MariusTh86 Wrote: You're not the only one, as I've noticed this too, but from a little test I performed it seems that Fanart.TV's API server is fine and available, though they may have recently updated them to disallow the old HTTP 1.0 protocol which ViMM makes use off to fetch information from them.

Unfortunately I can't easily fix this problem in the current version of ViMM due to limitations in the tool I used to build it...

All is not lost though, using a newer version of the tool I should be able to scrape fanart.tv's api's once more, however I still need to rebuild ViMediaManager practically from scratch like I've been meaning to do for ages, but due to the amount of work needed to be done on it, and trying to get new ideas for an improved interface, I kept putting off the work, but now I guess I've got some proper motivation to build the new and improved ViMediaManager. Wink

Of course, it'll take some time before this is done as I'll need to implement new ways of fetching the information, in the mean time you may want to disable fanart.tv  support under 'Preferences > Services > Fanart.tv' to stop the message from showing up every time, and make do with art from alternative sources.

Is there a way to auto download thumbnails from other sources?  Unselecting Farnart.tv didn't do much for me, still downloads zero byte thumbs.  I figured out how to go to Extras and download backdrops, etc. but couldn't figure out thumbs.  Thanks!  Or I'll just wait till you get it compiled.  And looking forward to a new version!
Hello. I'm new to Kodi, but I've been doing a lot of searching and it seems like ViMediaManager is the best solution for me to organize and rename my media library.

But I'm having an annoying problem with permissions. I have put a few movies into a test directory to learn how the renaming functions work. This directory is hosted on an NFS share on my NAS. The user mapped to the connection is the owner of the directory and all files and directories within. The permissions are writable for that use (I've even tried making them writable by everyone).

When I first scan the directory, it offers to put movie files that are in the root directory into their own folders. I accept this and it does so without any issues. So clearly creating directories is not a problem.

But when I fetch metadata, I have issues. It'll fetch some images and some information, writing these to the appropriate directories and files. But then it'll choke at some point, giving me the error "I do not have permission to write <movie title>".

I've tried this with several different movies. I've tried enabling write permissions on the entire directory tree for everyone. I'm not sure what else the problem could be. Any ideas? Thanks!
@cbunn I believe the error message ended up having more to do with being unable to make modifications, possibly due to the lowered speed from network attached drives, rather than actual permissions.
(2017-10-31, 13:30)MariusTh86 Wrote: @cbunn I believe the error message ended up having more to do with being unable to make modifications, possibly due to the lowered speed from network attached drives, rather than actual permissions.

This is on a gigabit connection with a decently fast NAS. I have no speed problems when transferring files from my PC to the NAS and vice versa.

Surely I can't be the only person to use the software in this way? If it's only designed to be used on local files, that would be a major shortcoming.
Quote:You're not the only one, as I've noticed this too, but from a little test I performed it seems that Fanart.TV's API server is fine and available, though they may have recently updated them to disallow the old HTTP 1.0 protocol which ViMM makes use off to fetch information from them.

Of course, it'll take some time before this is done as I'll need to implement new ways of fetching the information, in the mean time you may want to disable fanart.tv  support under 'Preferences > Services > Fanart.tv' to stop the message from showing up every time, and make do with art from alternative sources.

Any positive motivation in getting the new or at least somewhat updated VMM working. Not having graphics is killing me right now. I have tried alternative managers and VMM always comes out on top, so I really don't want to switch or even know if they can do what i want it to. Would gladly donate to get this going again, for real.
@cbunn: I've had to permissions error randomly spawn up on a local drive as well, but never long enough for me to be able to test it thoroughly and determine the exact cause.

@dakotaooneill: The rewrite is slowly trucking along towards completion, but it'll probably be a while yet as there is still quite a bit to do.
There's a donation link on the front page if you want to contribute towards the development of ViMediaManager, and will be much appreciated!

Status Update:
The main window and media filters are completed.
Scanning new items, and loading previous items into ViMM's database should prove faster than before.
One can perform tasks on one, all or multiple selected items at a time, and you don't have to wait for a task to be finished to start a new one.
The preview area is an HTML view, meaning it's theme-able and can load video files such as trailers without leaving the app or opening up another window.
Besides Movies and TV Shows, ViMM will once again be able to work with Anime, fetching information from AniDB.
There's also some support for working with Music Video files, as in, you can create and edit metadata for them, though currently there's no internet scraping planned for this section.

The rename function will work mostly similar as before, but the preference options for how to rename files and folders should be simpler to understand.
The metadata editor is once again styled after the iTunes metadata editor, updated for it's more recent appearance.
Set/Collection support for TV Shows, at least within ViMM itself so one can gather all the Marvel/DC shows under one collection.

Searching for metadata is currently completely powered by TheMovieDB, and one can include years to help narrow the search, or search directly for an ID (IMDb, TMDb, TVDb) using prefixes.
When searching for anime, a separate box is required to enter the AniDB ID, however it'll include a drop down menu with titled results from which you can select one.

Currently working on
Downloading and processing metadata, particularly how to mix and match results for the user's preferred database, and processing tv/anime episodes.

Left to do:
So much! But once the scrapers are completed, things should speed up a bit.

Some screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/zOl2b

• 149(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19