• 4(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
MariusTh86 Wrote:It doesn't support movie sets yet, but it's on my ToDo list Wink

Awesome!

Can't wait to get my Mac back to try it.
The media managers for Windows is always full of serious bugs imo.
Hjord Wrote:Awesome!

Can't wait to get my Mac back to try it.
The media managers for Windows is always full of serious bugs imo.

Mine isn't entirely bug free yet either, but that's to be expected from a beta Wink
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
Thanks for the folder.jpg option!
MariusTh86 Wrote:Mine isn't entirely bug free yet either, but that's to be expected from a beta Wink

Nice to see it go from planning to reality! http://forums.themoviedb.org/post/11156 looks cool. I notice in the post you mention it'll run under Mac, Windows & Linux??
clackerdacker Wrote:Nice to see it go from planning to reality! http://forums.themoviedb.org/post/11156 looks cool. I notice in the post you mention it'll run under Mac, Windows & Linux??

Thanks for noticing! I was planning on making it the first truly platform independent Media Manager since my programming environment make that possible, but unfortunately, the code i'm writing hasn't proven to be just as cross-platformable. ^^;
I may be able to do a windows release one day, but for now I'm focusing on letting it run as smoothly as I can on at least once platform. Wink
After adding my movie location (which is on a nas, served via afp), ViMM crashes with the error shown in this image:

I tried to remove the xml for all movies, and left only the nfo files. I then tried to remove the nfo file for the movie it was (apparently) failing to load. That didn't help. I'd like to avoid removing all the nfo files if possible.

If I can provide anything for you, in order to help debug this, just let me know.
You can try sending me the NFO files of the movies that are most likely the cause of this so that I may be able to see what's going wrong there.

ViMM searches for any file ending on '.nfo', so maybe it's getting confused if it finds more then one such file.
If there's more then one such file in the directory, make sure that only the XBMC used <movie>.nfo is in there, and any other 'plain text' nfo files that come with some groups might have to be renamed to just .txt files.

Otherwise, you can try to temporarily rename the .nfo files to .txt, and try again. I think I didn't make ViMM try to read those so it'll start from scratch with that movie without overwriting your existing file.
yeeeeeeeees finally! Big Grin

will give a try when I come home from work later!

Are you planing on implementing mp3 functionallity as well?
mastermischke Wrote:yeeeeeeeees finally! Big Grin

will give a try when I come home from work later!

Are you planing on implementing mp3 functionallity as well?

Maybe, in a far of future i'd like to add music and music video's, but we'll see what happens.
There are other tools for music.

What I would like is if it could run in the background and scan media locations periodically.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:There are other tools for music.

What I would like is if it could run in the background and scan media locations periodically.

And auto search and add metadata? might turn up with some wrong results though, but interesting idea. I'll write it up.
the movie posters don't show up, they are named: "moviefilename".tbn
example: 127.Hours.AC3D.5.1.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264.tbn
neurosis13 Wrote:the movie posters don't show up, they are named: "moviefilename".tbn
example: 127.Hours.AC3D.5.1.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264.tbn

The filter I use forgot to search for moviefilename, I'll see if i can fix that.

EDIT:
It seems that was fairly easy, it'll be in the next beta.
I've been trying to get XBMC to read the nfo files correctly but it still wants to scrape away and sometimes puts different posters etc.

I haven't done anything based on NFO files before so I read the wiki and soforth and if I got this correctly, if I scan with "Use Folder Names as Lookup" enabled it will read a "movie.nfo" file from the directory currently scanned. And since VMM writes the nfo file as "Foldername.nfo" it seems like it doesn't get parsed correctly by XBMC.

TL;DR: VMM writes "Foldername.nfo" files, I'm asking if you could implement a "movie.nfo" setting when using Folders containing the movies.
Broiler Wrote:I've been trying to get XBMC to read the nfo files correctly but it still wants to scrape away and sometimes puts different posters etc.

I haven't done anything based on NFO files before so I read the wiki and soforth and if I got this correctly, if I scan with "Use Folder Names as Lookup" enabled it will read a "movie.nfo" file from the directory currently scanned. And since VMM writes the nfo file as "Foldername.nfo" it seems like it doesn't get parsed correctly by XBMC.

TL;DR: VMM writes "Foldername.nfo" files, I'm asking if you could implement a "movie.nfo" setting when using Folders containing the movies.

Oops, that should be file name instead of folder name, my bad.
In b5, which i'll release in a bit, it should use file names.nfo instead, which I think was also acceptable, let me know if it works.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19