• 8(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
MariusTh86 Wrote:Initially I build this project just for the images, so I'm surprised to hear that someone wants to use it without them. Wink
But it's a valid option that may be useful, so I think I can put it in.

If it helps, I would still want to have folder.jpg & fanart.jpg :-) with nfo files so I don't need to scrape them on all 3 machines :-)

I just don't like landscape.jpg and logo.jpgs and I don't need extra banners as I can choose between banners and posters in your app and scrape accordingly.

Now, I'm so happy and grateful that I finally have MM for Mac so I can ignore a couple of unused images in my folders.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

DrPepper - Have you tried pointing to a samba share on the NAS that only has a few movies? I did that during my initial testing just to make sure things were working (and then later when I was testing the one that failed for me).
That way you can know whether it's the speed of the data transfer, or just something else entirely. ie: if loading 10 movies works just fine, the program obviously works on your computer and it's something that needs improvement with the loading code or your networking setup (lord knows mine needs improvement). but if it still doesn't work then you know your network stuff isn't the issue with this program, and it's something else for MariusTh86 to debug.

Just a thought, as your scenario has me quite curious (I'm a beginner programmer so I can't always talk to many details, but the logic behind things piques my interest).
Released v0.5b8 - 16/09/2011
-------------------
* [New] Added debug mode, hold [ALT] while starting up the app to enter debug mode.
* [New] Debug mode disables reading NFO files to fill the sidebar lists.
* [New] Faux DVD cases replaced with more general image overlays.
* [New] Order lists by title or sort title, show title in the list.
* [New] Option for auto downloading images on scraping.
* [Fix] Removed the option Rename Articles Last, since it wasn't actually used anyhow.

And a quick bugfix released v0.5b9 - 16/09/2011
-------------------
* [New] Select which images you want to auto download.
* [Fix] Accidentally prevented movie image links to be set in the NFO file.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
0.5b8 bug:
title says "Same!"
steps to reproduce:
open program
open preferences
close preferences
i814u2 Wrote:0.5b8 bug:
title says "Same!"
steps to reproduce:
open program
open preferences
close preferences

Ahaha yes.. i forgot to remove that..
Don't worry, it doesn't do anything else then change the title.
MariusTh86 Wrote:Ahaha yes.. i forgot to remove that..
Don't worry, it doesn't do anything else then change the title.

I figured, just thought I'd point it out. It's only technically a bug, just nothing severe, obviously.

A) Having the full version immediately in the about box is nice (rather than waiting for it to check for updates). I think having the "b" lowercase makes reading it easier but that's a super-minor thing
B) When launching in "debug mode", it would be nice to have the title mention that you are running in debug mode. If nothing else, just a confirmation that i launched it correctly.

Thanks, as always. (I'm officially going to save the thanks from now on. just know that i'm happy with this software and grateful that you're spending time on it)
I'll consider it as 'implied' then every time i read one of your posts. Wink

And both points have been addressed. ^^
Just tried this out on some movies in my "to sort" folder... Looking like a great program, feels nice to use a Mac interface instead of a Windows XP virtual machine... :p

Are there any plans for metadata (aspect ratio, codec, etc) type scraping?
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
clock2113 Wrote:Just tried this out on some movies in my "to sort" folder... Looking like a great program, feels nice to use a Mac interface instead of a Windows XP virtual machine... :p

Are there any plans for metadata (aspect ratio, codec, etc) type scraping?

There are plans, but it's not easy, I can get flags from filenames without thinking twice about it, but it can't open files Quicktime can't natively open to read it's metadata and measure the size of the screen or such.
And setting one flag in my limited testing seems to stop XBMC from scraping the rest of the flags, so for now it's easier to let XBMC handle that until I find out how to get ratio's from .mkv and .avi files.
MariusTh86 Wrote:There are plans, but it's not easy, I can get flags from filenames without thinking twice about it, but it can't open files Quicktime can't natively open to read it's metadata and measure the size of the screen or such.
And setting one flag in my limited testing seems to stop XBMC from scraping the rest of the flags, so for now it's easier to let XBMC handle that until I find out how to get ratio's from .mkv and .avi files.

Couldn't you use mediainfo (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download/Mac_OS) to get this info?
I don't think I have enough knowledge to glue an external tool to mine successfully, but i'll keep looking into ways for reading file data.
MariusTh86 Wrote:I don't think I have enough knowledge to glue an external tool to mine successfully, but i'll keep looking into ways for reading file data.

But this does exactly what you need, could just make it a requirement to have this installed with a popup with a link. Please don't take this the wrong way just trying to help and save you from having to re-invent the wheel so to speak.

Code:
Bernie:~ dave$ mediainfo /Volumes/media/TV/Weeds/Season.07/Weeds.s07e01.Bags.mkv
General
Complete name                            : /Volumes/media/TV/Weeds/Season.07/Weeds.s07e01.Bags.mkv
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 2
File size                                : 527 MiB
Duration                                 : 25mn 56s
Overall bit rate                         : 2 839 Kbps
Encoded by                               : IMMERSE
Writing application                      : x264.exe
Writing library                          : mkv2rls x264-tv version built on 2011. febr. 17
Original source form                     : HDTV
TITLE                                    : Bags
PART_NUMBER                              : 01
DATE_RELEASE                             : 2011-06-27
GENRE                                    : Drama
CLASSIFICATION                           : Scripted

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 5 frames
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate                                 : 2 398 Kbps
Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
Height                                   : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 23.976 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.109
Stream size                              : 445 MiB (84%)
Writing library                          : x264 core 115 r2008 4c552d8
Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=18 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=19.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Language                                 : English

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                           : CM (complete main)
Codec ID                                 : A_AC3
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 384 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 71.2 MiB (14%)
Title                                    : English
Language                                 : English
That certainly gives a lot of information, but I'm against forcing people to install software next to my own, and it's nothing something i can just glue into my particular programming environment.
I'll see if I can use it in another way, or find an alternative way or example of getting the media info.
Either way, thanks for showing me this tool.
Just had a chance to run this and I get the following error after adding my Move and TV shares

-Dave
Just tried the tool. It looks really great. Keep on the good work!

I have one question: What exactly does "Tools->Sort Files into folders" do?

I tried it ones, but it didn't make any changes neither in vimediamanger nor on my video folder.

Many thanks in advance.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19