Trouble scanning .flac files to the library
Hi - I just saw that I posted this one earlier but in the wrong section of the forum. Sorry.

I am having the exact same problem: XBMC won't scan new .flac files to the library. I've tried it a dozen times but the files just won't show up in the library even though tags are all set. Playback via the "files" menu works, though, but without displaying the album art (which is embedded in the files). VLC plays the tracks, displays the tags and the album art.

I've written "new" files up there because there are already some .flac files in the library tha work without causing any trouble.

Here's the debug log http://pastebin.com/0kFVfged - in this particular log I tried to add the .flac-encoded Album "I CHAOS - The Human Repellent" (~ line 400) first, which did not work. I then added the "Grave Digger - Tunes of War" (.mp3), which did work.

I've tried this on two different XBMC installations, both on WinXP.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Fert
It appears as though XBMC already thinks that ..Human.. is already in the library and skips over it.

Try this
1. Move the ..human.. album elsewhere on your system outside the xbmc source
2. Do a clean library from Settings | Music | Library
3. Move the ..human.. album back in
4. Update the library
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Thank you. Unfortunately that does not solve the problem. The albums still won't be added to the library.
Does it matter that al those files are on a server? I can not imagine how that could be a problem - but then I am not a network engineer...
check and make sure they are tagged correctly and the content is set to music otherwise they will not be scanned into the library.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Thank you. They appear to be tagged correctly. How/where can I set the content? I always try to "scan to library" from the music-submenu of XBMC. The procedure is the same for all files. I remember setting the content to be an option only for the 'movies' section.

Is there a way to get the .flac files checked? I create them via EAC and double-checked the tags with "Mp3tag". Everything seems to be fine but apparently it isn't.
Try changing the scraper from allmusic to lastfm. I can't find a complete I Chaos entry when searching on all music but it is in last.fm

I should have thought of this earlier...
Fert Wrote:Thank you. They appear to be tagged correctly. How/where can I set the content? I always try to "scan to library" from the music-submenu of XBMC. The procedure is the same for all files. I remember setting the content to be an option only for the 'movies' section.

Is there a way to get the .flac files checked? I create them via EAC and double-checked the tags with "Mp3tag". Everything seems to be fine but apparently it isn't.

Flac files don't process any different than any other music files. Make sure they're tagged properly. I've run across a few flac files that had crazy input in the Extended tags. You can get to extended tag in mp3tag by right clicking the file. I had some flac files from The Clash that kept being added to my library as Clash, regardless of the fact that both the Artist and Album Artist was set to The Clash. I finally checked extended tags and in the "composer" tag it said "Clash." When I deleted that tag, they added fine.
Changing the scraper to last.fm did not fix this issue. Other files arffected are a couple of albums by "Six Feet Under" and a set of classical recordings by Bach, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov - nothing unusal, actually.

The files affected are all quite new, as if there'd been a change in the way EAC tags the files. But as I said, when checking the tags everything appears to be fine. VLC works perfectly with the files, even displays the embedded album art. Only XBMC (on two systems) just won' add them to th library. And in file view, even though playback works, the album art is not displayed.

Could there be something wrong with the album art? I usually inclued only the cover in 500x500px, ~60kB.

I'm currently considering deleting the whole database. Maybe one of you guys has another idea and can stop me... thank you all for your efforts, by the way!!

Edit: Deleting the database and re-creating it did not solve this either.
upload a few of the offending files somewhere and I'll see if I can get them to work on my system.
That's exactly what I was thinking.
OK, here's one. My internet connection has some issues, I can't upload more right now.
Badinerie
Fert Wrote:OK, here's one. My internet connection has some issues, I can't upload more right now.
Badinerie

Well, first of all, and no offense, but your tags are terrible. But that's not why XBMC wouldn't read it. It's because your file was tagged FLAC (id3v2.3). They need to be FLAC (FLAC). In mp3tag, select all your OFFENDING FLAC (id3v2.3) files, hit right click, cut tag, click yes, then right click, paste tag, click yes.
Here's what your file should look like when it's tagged properly.

http://www.mediafire.com/?36k5mt6vjq7mi8b
I use flac with id3v2.3 tags with no issues, so that wouldn't appear to be the problem. There is also no problem with the actual tags used, although I would populate the album artist tag with something. You mentioned embedded album art but I can't see any embedded in the uploaded file

At work at the moment but will see what I can do when home later viz. importing into XBMC
rocketpants Wrote:I use flac with id3v2.3 tags with no issues, so that wouldn't appear to be the problem. There is also no problem with the actual tags used, although I would populate the album artist tag with something. You mentioned embedded album art but I can't see any embedded in the uploaded file

Well, I got exactly the same results that he did. I tagged the album using the exact MusicBranz match but without fixing the FLAC tag and added it to my source directory, then did an update library. I also added a control track to make sure my library had properly updated. His track did NOT appear in my library, but my control track did. I fixed the tag problem and it was in my library as soon as I did an update.

rocketpants Wrote:At work at the moment but will see what I can do when home later viz. importing into XBMC

Already done. Maybe it's version specific or something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble scanning .flac files to the library0