Trouble scanning .flac files to the library
I just got home and checked in out using a different tagging program, and trying to import into XBMC. I got the same result. The original file doesn't scrape and the modified one did.

Note that the older version of tag&rename I was using earlier showed quite different tags to the one I am using here for both files, specifically the embedded album art and populating the album artist field. Must be something to do with the tag support.

So the comment on re-saving the tag info with an up to date tagging program may well do the trick.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
First of all: Thank you!

@clubwerks: Would you mind telling me what is so terrible about the tags? I use an EAC setting that was created years ago and I actually have not taken a look at them until recently when something was changed about the way EAC handles the commands. I've converted hunders of CDs this way and the Tags appeared to to be fine (to me). I can't see what's wrong about them, all the information is there. EAC fetches them from CDDB and most of the time I just accept those as I don't like to spend too much time with that kind of stuff. But if you see a way of improving my collection I'd love to know.

In the EAC compression settings I un-checked "add ID3 tag", that should fix it. Again, thanks everyone!
Use MP3tag, its very easy to fix using that software and it creates compliant FLAC tags.
Fert Wrote:First of all: Thank you!

@clubwerks: Would you mind telling me what is so terrible about the tags? I use an EAC setting that was created years ago and I actually have not taken a look at them until recently when something was changed about the way EAC handles the commands. I've converted hunders of CDs this way and the Tags appeared to to be fine (to me). I can't see what's wrong about them, all the information is there. EAC fetches them from CDDB and most of the time I just accept those as I don't like to spend too much time with that kind of stuff. But if you see a way of improving my collection I'd love to know.

In the EAC compression settings I un-checked "add ID3 tag", that should fix it. Again, thanks everyone!

Well, mainly, that track wasn't tagged how the album was listed in the MusicBranz database. I guess the tags themselves weren't bad, they just didn't match any known album. Plus, all the fields weren't populated. I hate that. It might work fine for you that way.

Glad it worked out for you. Did that end up being the problem? Were you able to add that track into your library?
My instructions for retagging were using mp3tag v2.49 in case I missed mentioning that.
Yes it did work. Sorry, I forgot to explicitly mention that. Yes, it does work, everything is fine now and I hope the changes I made to the EAC settings will lead to "clean" files in the future.
Thank you all!!
I know this is a very old thread, but the issues are exactly the same with my current situation.

Importing a library of flac files causes Kodi/XBMC14 to crash ungracefully.

The issue of incompliant flac flags had been raised http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212900 but the fact that it's still an issue is a concern. To me, especially, because it's what i want to do. My library read fine in XBMC 12, I skipped Gotham and now find it's very broken in Kodi 14.

A cursory glance at the file from that thread with MP3tag looks like Artist, AlbumArtist and Album are all populated.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/36k5mt...nerie.flac

That's not normally the case with my collection anyway. There is also mention of the tag field being FLAC(FLAC) though I've never seen a variant of that, except on mp3s of course.

I'm now left in a situation where Kodi won't even start, let alone scan anything. I hope there's some positive feedback on the Tag field, if that's all it needs it makes it very easy. Hopefully someone could have a quick check while i clean up the debris and reinstal Kodi

I haven't thought through the implications of this. I use the AlbumArtist field for compilation albums, to show the artist for each track on an album. I don't even know if that's the fix yet, but will be finding out.
That setting in EAC is enabled by default unfortunately, and is imho plain wrong. ID3 tags don't belong in FLAC files and since FLAC-tags are just as good there is no reason too.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
@clubwerks You mention instructions for retgging, would you post them? I had a look at the Bach example, is having the Artist, ArtustAlbum and Album fields all that's necessary to make the file acceptable ?

Also, does MP3tag or MediaInfo show what type of tag is on the file id3v2 etc or allow it to be changed
If you use "The Godfather"(http://www.jtclipper.eu/thegodfather/) to tag your files, it actually warns you when the files contain these tags and offers to remove them. It's the only one I know of that does this. Most other tagging tools will show the tag type in the "properties" field but I don't know if they show both if the tag contains both flac and id3 tags.

A sure way of fixing those tags is opening all the suspicious files in MP3tag, select all and choose "tag cut" from the right click menu. If you right-click again and choose "tag paste" it rewrites the tags and removes the incorrect ones.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Sorry in advance if this post is completely off topic, but google pointed me to this thread when I was trying to determine why Kodi 14.1 wouldn't "see" my flac files but would see my mp* files.
For long time/power users of XBMC/Kodi what I write here may seem totally stupid and obvious, but I post this in case it can help other newbies like me - and perhaps avoid some unnecessary tag editing.

Long story short is that in my case tags seem to have nothing to do with it.....for me, it was the fact that I initially tried using uPnP instead of smb "talk" to my Iomega NAS.
With uPnp, scanning would start and the progress bar would disappear after a short while but my library/folders would not show any of my flac files - it only showed (and would play) my mp3's 4's etc.

I tried the suggested "debugging log" route to find out what folder/album/song was causing the problem but the log didn't tell me anything specific ....... there was some mention of a "virtual void" but I don't even know if that is relevent here.

Anyway, I decided that since mp3tag, foobar2k, dbpoweramp, and all my various players have had no problem with my flac's, I would give kodi one more shot before giving up. I cleared the library and as I was about to set up another connection, I decided to try smb just for kicks..... worked like a charm (progress bar even made progress and showed me what was being "read") and all my music is accessible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble scanning .flac files to the library0