Beer's unRAID Server
Ok sounds good! Yes my movies are in it's own folder:

Example:

Can't Hardly Wait/Can't Hardly Wait 1998.mkv

Pulp Fiction/Pulp Fiction 1994.mkv Pulp Fiction 1994.srt

Some movies I have the srt file that need them.... this would be ok right? the two files will stay together even doh they are being spread around hard drives?

You guys are making me understand this correctly.... I wana do this right the first time.
You are correct. If you set split level to 1 for your movies share then both of these files would be on the same disk. Split level 1 means that the contents of any folder at level 1 will all be placed on the same disk.

So in the example below if you have the split level set at 1 the .mkv and .srt files would be on the same disk because the both reside within the same folder at level 1.

/Level 0 / Level 1 / Level 2
/movies/Pulp Fiction/Pulp Fiction 1994.mkv
/movies/Pulp Fiction/Pulp Fiction 1994.srt

Oh and I just couldn't resist - Can't Hardly Wait together with Pulp Fiction - Huh Shocked
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
LOL LOL LOL ..... first two movies that popped in my head..... kinda funny now that I think about it.
@wsume99 How do you have yours set to? is it also ok for movies to be at 0? how does your array look like?
I have my shares arranged as follows:

Movies share split level is set to 1. Individual movies are forced onto a single disk. Directory structure is:
Movies/Movie Title/Movie Title.mkv

TV share split level is set to 2. Individual seasons are forced onto a single disk. Directory structure is:
TV/Show Name/Season #/Show Name S##E##.mkv

Music share split level is set to 2. Individual albums are forced onto a single disk. Directory structure is:
Music/Artist Name/Album/Title.mp3

For all my shares I have all disks included. All my spindown timers are set to 15 minutes. I also use the most free alocation method with the min free space set at 30000000. The only thing I do that is a little unusual is that when I add a movie to my movie share I manually place it on the disk I want it to be on. So rather than creating a folder in //Tower/Movies I create it in //Tower/disk #/Movies. The reason I do this is so that I can put all my kids movies on one disk and all the grown-up movies onto a different disk. I suppose I could have just created two different shares but I like having all my movies in one share. The reason that I split them up this way is becase I noticed that my disks were being spun up and down a lot on days my kids would watch movies. This was because they would watch a movie that was on disk 1 and then the next movie might be on disk 2. So by putting all their movies onto a single disk now I don't have that problem anymore.

Personally I don't think there is a right or wrong way to setup your network shares. It really depends on your own situation and what makes sense to you.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
Pics are up on the first page.... thanx guys for all your help.
Beer40oz Wrote:First of all I would like to thank wsume99 - CpTHOOK - poofyhairguy - eSKRo and everyone else who has helped me in this adventure.

It came out sweet.

I got all the fans going on slow and it is very silent and the hard drives are at 26C idle and 28-31C when they are being used in a hot room.

Well here are the pics....

* I covered that spot where the fan goes on the side with a cd jewel case cover. Drilled some
holes in it and screwed it. wsume99 recommended me to cover it.

Antec Three Hundred Illusion

ASRock 880GM-LE

Antec NEO ECO 520W

AMD Sempron 145 Sargas 2.8GHz

Lexar JumpDrive FireFly 4GB

Crucial 2GB CT25664BA1339

2TB HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000 for parity.

2TB Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARS for data.

2TB Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EADS for data.

Wink

*Note I am no longer going to use the Raidmax Smilodon case that I have since the Antec 300 has way more better airflow and looks like a server. WOW! this 300 is quiet on everything low and the airflow is superb!

Mr. Stealth unRAIDER ... Bay Area!! Loving the set-up!!

When you get a chance Plz post pics of one of your share's so i can see your Split Level and Allocation(MOVIES share preferably)...:cool2:
Hey Beer40, hows the temp on your HDD's?
the 5K3000 is hotter then the WD greens?
eskro Wrote:Hey Beer40, hows the temp on your HDD's?
the 5K3000 is hotter then the WD greens?

The WD is 2C less then the Hitachi. But the the Hitachi during preclear is about 20 MB/s faster then the WD.

So at idle this this morning the Hitachi is 27C and the WD is 25C
wow, nice temp Hitachi's have!!
i think their own their way to be crowned unRAID champions!!
One of the reasons for not using a 7200 drive for parity is when you need more space you buy a new drive which will usually be bigger than you current parity drive, which means you either add the 7200 drive as a data drive or sell it.

If you sell it you probably wont be upgrading space by much, and if you add it to the array you are just adding unneeded heat etc.

I find a cache drive helpful for applications such as sickbeard / sabnzbd and also as kind of a staging area, if something comes down and if in the wrong place for whatever reason I have until the mover script executes to change it before it gets written to the array.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
hi there

quick question...is it possible to run sabnzbd/couchpotato/sickbeard on this unRaid build?

@eskro - how is it possible to have 11 hdds in this?

thanks for your help
cbierwirth Wrote:hi there

quick question...is it possible to run sabnzbd/couchpotato/sickbeard on this unRaid build?

@eskro - how is it possible to have 11 hdds in this?

thanks for your help

yes, but recommanded is using a dualcore CPU,,,
but at $75, this tripleCore CPU is amazing http://goo.gl/0YOQg
cbierwirth Wrote:@eskro - how is it possible to have 11 hdds in this?

thanks for your help

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=8...post827661
* Just upgraded the top fan to a 140mm SilenX EFX. Wanted something with no LED and they yellow looks cool. It's the only fan that is on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beer's unRAID Server2