Dual monitor - XBMC in one and the video on another
(2015-07-24, 03:09)Ned Scott Wrote: Make sure to not blank out second screens in Kodi's settings and then just use the smaller screen for a web browser interface to control Kodi. Use something like the Chorus web interface add-on.

Thanks a lot Ned.

I was thinking of a remote control application that would run solely on the touch screen. Ideally there shouldn't be any hint of running inside a web browser but an elegant enough interface to drive XBMC. Looking at the web interfaces as you suggested HTPC manager cought my attention also due to its features and Python support. Do you think it fits my requirement or should I look at a full-fledged remote controlling application, e.g. using LIRC protocol locally (since everything will run on the same hardware)?
I think a web interface works just fine when you put the web browser in full screen mode. You can't really tell the difference at that point :)
Better look for a browser which supports seamless fullscreen. Then you won't notice that its a browser anymore i guess.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-07-24, 10:48)Memphiz Wrote: Better look for a browser which supports seamless fullscreen. Then you won't notice that its a browser anymore i guess.

Makes sense indeed. I've just found how to setup Midori for that. Seems to work nicely. Will have to try it with the remote web interface though.
Have a look at Yatse2!
Light-weight, and exactly what was designed for.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=68936

Glenn

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual monitor - XBMC in one and the video on another0