• 16(current)
Release Kodi Selective Cleaner addon support
(2024-02-20, 21:18)dkangel Wrote: new myvideos131 in omega beta 3 Rofl

I am aware.  Version 1.0.5, which will likely be released tomorrow, will bump the video database number to support the beta 3 release to 131.  If you are using MySQL you can change the name in the addon settings.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2024-02-17, 09:35)bossanova808 Wrote: Finally got a quick moment to test the test version - I went gung ho and 'cleaned all tables' of the video database (~46000 records, and I use profiles...) - all seems to have gone ok, no major breakage I can see....so I switched to our other profile (kids) - and ran it there too.

Again seems to work well, thanks!  Looking at the logs for both I can see it referring to shows I've moved between profiles or completely nuked, all as expected as far as I can tell in a fairly quick look.  Definitely working with profiles now, though.

Although when cleaning seasons it just shows 'name' rather than the actual show name, I think?

I looked at the code necessary to change the output format for the seasons table analysis and I just don't have the time right now.  I will release v1.0.5 tomorrow but target this update for the next release, v1.0.6. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2024-02-20, 21:39)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2024-02-20, 21:18)dkangel Wrote: new myvideos131 in omega beta 3 Rofl

I am aware.  Version 1.0.5, which will likely be released tomorrow, will bump the video database number to support the beta 3 release to 131.  If you are using MySQL you can change the name in the addon settings.

Thanks,

Jeff
oh thanks for the tips Shy
I have posted a new release version 1.0.5  of Kodi Selective Cleaner.  This version has a number of fixes and features, including support for Kodi Omega 21 beta 3. If you are running Kodi 21 beta 2 with a local database please stay on version 1.0.4.  For MySQL users you can set the database number.  I am thinking about better ways to handle a Kodi development cycle where the database numbers are changing so much (mainly to support the new Kodi movie version feature).    I appreciate all who provided feature suggestions and helped test this release.

Here's the complete list of highlights since 1.0.4

• Fixed advancedsettings.xml parsing errors for space characters
• Significantly improved advancedsettings.xml parsing to provide specific error details
• Improved messaging for not supporting MySQL backups
• Added support to allow local database backups with mixed MySQL and Local databases
• Improved Kodi profile support vs. only the master profile
• Added uniqueid table to CSV export and video database analyzer
• Bumped the video database number to 131 to support Kodi Omega 21 beta 3.  
  Continue using version 1.0.4 if you are running Kodi 21 Omega beta 2

Now to begin the feature requests for v1.0.6 Smile

Thanks,

Jeff
Tried this plugin for the first time, It found that the tgrdeletesongartist and tgrdeletealbumartist triggers were missing as expected, but states that repair is not currently supported. I assume this is intentional? Will repair options be implemented for these things?
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
(2024-03-03, 16:29)Shredder_guitar Wrote: Tried this plugin for the first time, It found that the tgrdeletesongartist and tgrdeletealbumartist triggers were missing as expected, but states that repair is not currently supported. I assume this is intentional? Will repair options be implemented for these things?

I presume you got this message "MySQL music DB trigger repair not currently supported.  See logs for missing trigger." and you are running MySQL ?  If so, trigger repair for MySQL isn't currently supported.  I will consdier it for an upcoming KS Cleaner release but I also believe Team Kodi has fixed this in an upcoming release of Kodi.

Thanks,

Jeff
(2024-03-03, 19:16)jbinkley60 Wrote: I presume you got this message "MySQL music DB trigger repair not currently supported.  See logs for missing trigger." and you are running MySQL ?  If so, trigger repair for MySQL isn't currently supported.  I will consdier it for an upcoming KS Cleaner release but I also believe Team Kodi has fixed this in an upcoming release of Kodi.

Thanks,

Jeff
I already fixed it manually. I use MySQLWorkbench to view the database if that tells you anything... (My DB knowledge is EXTREMELY limited... I'm doing well at being able to fix the triggers (I'm an infra guy)) . Unfortunately I deleted the log that had would have had the entires in them already. Next time this happens (and I'm sure there will be a next time) I will circle back to this thread with a log. 

I may switch to a new version of kodi, but i have a lot of highly customized skin settings and updating kodi versions is a big chore. My Preference is not to update unless i have too.
(2024-03-06, 04:20)Shredder_guitar Wrote: I already fixed it manually. I use MySQLWorkbench to view the database if that tells you anything... (My DB knowledge is EXTREMELY limited... I'm doing well at being able to fix the triggers (I'm an infra guy)) . Unfortunately I deleted the log that had would have had the entires in them already. Next time this happens (and I'm sure there will be a next time) I will circle back to this thread with a log. 

I may switch to a new version of kodi, but i have a lot of highly customized skin settings and updating kodi versions is a big chore. My Preference is not to update unless i have too.

Just an FYI, the Kodi Selective Cleaner has its own log storage outside of the kodi.log file, along with a viewer and CSV export utility.  These are kept through Kodi restarts and similar.

Thanks,

Jeff
Thanks for that, i wasn't aware, i don't know what you want to see in this, but I took a screenshot of one of the logs
(2024-03-07, 04:32)Shredder_guitar Wrote: Thanks for that, i wasn't aware, i don't know what you want to see in this, but I took a screenshot of one of the logs

Ok.  I see now that I only write that particular message: "MySQL music DB trigger repair not currently supported.  See logs for missing trigger. " to a GUI notification dialog box and not the log database.  I'll fix that in the next release.  The log viewer can be very handy since it retains the logs and doesn't clear them when Kodi restarts.

Thanks,

Jeff
See here how to manually fix the missing triggers: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3178154
Might be fixed in Omega RC1.
(2024-03-08, 01:06)HeresJohnny Wrote: See here how to manually fix the missing triggers: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3178154
Might be fixed in Omega RC1.

The KSCleaner actually checks for all 15 triggers in the music database.  I'll consider adding the MySQL version of the code to create the triggers but since Kodi is fixing it, I really don't feel it is necessary.

Thanks,

Jeff
This is the only thing with kodi nexus that is causing me functionality issues. Upgrading kodi to a different version would be an enormous effort on my part and i just simply don't want to deal with the reconfiguring of everything skin and kodi related anymore. I've been dealing with kodi long enough to know that the only thing that new kodi versions does is introduce different issues to deal with (the pile it and move on) strategy. I don't want to do updates anymore. Please update your addon to fix the triggers. I can fix them manually, but if something is in place to fix it quicker with less effort than that route is prefered.
(2024-03-23, 04:02)Shredder_guitar Wrote: This is the only thing with kodi nexus that is causing me functionality issues. Upgrading kodi to a different version would be an enormous effort on my part and i just simply don't want to deal with the reconfiguring of everything skin and kodi related anymore. I've been dealing with kodi long enough to know that the only thing that new kodi versions does is introduce different issues to deal with (the pile it and move on) strategy. I don't want to do updates anymore. Please update your addon to fix the triggers. I can fix them manually, but if something is in place to fix it quicker with less effort than that route is prefered.
I'll see if I can get this added to the next release.  I hadn't considered folks staying on releases but I certainly understand chasing Kodi releases and some associated issues.  I'll try and post a proposed feature update  list for the next KS Cleaner release later this week to get user feedback.  This will be on the list.

Thanks,

Jeff
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Selective Cleaner addon support0