Stuck at login screen
Hey guys i seem to have a weird issue for some reason all of a sudden im stuck at the login screen of my live install and i cant get past it.

i dont have a mouse and keyboard hooked up so im kinda limited but can hook them up if need be.

I tried some of the steps shown here but im still stuck at the login screen:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97945

Any help will be appreciated since i really dont want to go through the hassel of re-installing live again to get this fixed.

EDIT:
Hooked up a mouse and keyboard and i cant login with Root or xbmc or my own user account at the login screen. I can login with my info using putty though so im not sure if that means anything.

Here is the info i see from putty:

Linux XBMCLive 2.6.32-26-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Wed Nov 24 09:00:03 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS - XBMCLive Dharma

Also if i leve the screen up on my TV it like flashes every few seconds, almost like the screen is refreshing or something.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

Have you updated your Video Card Drivers lately?

Am correct in thinking that your system is a NVidia Ion system?

If so, you should install the nvidia-current Drivers from x swat.. here is one of many how-to's (just ignore the part about System>Adminstration stuff, as this is for the graphical interface in Ubuntu) http://www.webupd8.org/2010/06/how-to-in...splay.html
Sadly i just tried to update the drives and that didnt help, im still stuck at the login screen Sad
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuck at login screen0