Some TV Shows not showing up in XBMC
I'm running XBMC 10.1 with Aeon Nox skin.

I'm having problems with some tv shows not showing up. I have some showing up under tv shows but says there are 0 episodes and some dont show up at all.

friday night lights is a show that under tv shows, shows up but says there are no episodes available.

all my tv shows are stored like: Y:\TV Shows\Friday Night Lights\Friday Night Lights - Season 1\Friday Night LightsS01E01.Pilot

most show up and work fine, just can not figure out why some wont work.

any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in Advance!
Mostly it's incorrect naming. The scrapers can be very annoying sometimes.
You say the filename is this:
"Friday Night LightsS01E01.Pilot"
I notice there's no dot or space between Lights and S01E01. Maybe just a typo here.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ok, just renamed them to: Friday Night Lights.S01E01.Pilot

so the full path is:Y:\TV Shows\Friday Night Lights\Friday Night Lights - Season 1\Friday Night Lights.S01E01.Pilot

i restarted XBMC, cleaned the library and then updated the library, and still doesn't show up.

I have multiple tv shows named and set up the exact same way. most of them show up and work fine in XBMC, only a few, like friday night lights, just do not work.

Any ideas?
try changing the path to

Y:\TV Shows\Friday Night Lights\Season 1\

But not sure why this should work the other series worked with the same format as you had orgiginally

and I assume you have an extension on the file itself (e.g. Friday Night Lights.S01E01.Pilot.avi)
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
I tried that as well, still nothing.

as you can see my other shows have episodes listed, its just friday night lights and a couple of others that just dont want to work for some reason.

From that pic is looks as though XBMC is picking up the series but not the episodes.

What does the debug log say when you try and scrape the offending series? Turn on debug logging first (Settings | System | Debug) and then try and update the library. If you can't work out what is going on from the log copy the contents to pastebin.com and drop a link here.

The location of your log is given in the wiki. In windows the easy way to get the log is bring up the run dialogue and type in %appdata%\XBMC
heres what the log said:

DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir Y:\TV Shows\Friday Night Lights\

says the same thing for every other show i have, so for some reason its just not displaying the episodes in xbmc.
It looks as though XBMC already thinks that the files are in the library. Try moving the actual video files somewhere outside your source path then do a clean library in XBMC. Then move the files back in and update the library again.

Just try it with one of them to start with and if that works we've got it sorted.
Ok I moved the folder from the directory where my tv shows are in to a completely separate hard drive. went into xbmc, cleaned the library, shut down xbmc, moved the folder back to the correct directory, and restarted xbmc and updated library. same thing, still lists the show with no episodes in it. I don't understand this.

I have gotten all other shows to work, except for this one and one other show, the other show doesn't even show up in the list, xbmc doesn't recognize it at all.
see if creating .nfo files will work. I suspect they will.

This folder structure works for me (there are a few ways that work).
C:\TV\
TV.Show.Title\
Season.01\
-----^-TV.Show.Title.s1e1.Episode.Name.mkv
-----^-TV.Show.Title.s1e1.Episode.Name.nfo
-----^-TV.Show.Title.s1e1.Episode.Name.tbn
Season.02\
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
season01.tbn
season02.tbn
tvshow.nfo

It sounds like Friday Night Lights scraping works for the TV show itself but not the episodes. For that one try creating
"Friday Night Lights.s1e1.nfo" as below and see if you get that episode to show up in Library mode. (they do show up in file mode right?)

For your show where nothing shows up in Library, create the "tvshow.nfo" and TV.Show.Title.s1e1.Episode.Name.nfo to see what happens.

Code:
<tvshow xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <title>TV SHOW TITLE</title>
  <rating>10.0</rating>
  <plot>SHOW PLOT</plot>
  <genre>Documentary</genre>
  <premiered>1969-02-28<premiered />
  <studio>International</studio>
</tvshow>

Code:
<episodedetails xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <title>EPISODE TITLE</title>
  <season>0</season>
  <episode>0</episode>
  <aired>2011</aired>
  <plot>EPISODE PLOT</plot>
  <displayseason />
  <displayepisode />
  <watched>false</watched>
  <rating />
</episodedetails>
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Sorry if you've already tried this:

I've seen you say you've updated and cleaned the library. Have you tried:

* removing the TV Show from the library (The entire show, not just an episode or season)
* Delete any nfo files (and any extra files in here that aren't video files) from the tv show directory
* Update the library

Again, sorry if you've already done this. I've had this issue before where the library just wasn't picking up new shows in certain folders... When i did the above, all fixed.

Good luck.
...DJVege...
HTPC: G840 + GT430 + 2GB RAM + 30GB SSD
Remote: iPad/iPhone + iRule + USB-UIRT // FireFly RF Remote
Software: XBMC Eden + Eventghost + Win7
tried that, still nothing. this is really starting to bother me. I ran the tv show through ember and here is what i have:

Friday Night Lights.S01E01.Pilot.avi
Friday Night Lights.S01E01.Pilot.nfo
Friday Night Lights.S01E01.Pilot.tbn
DJVege Wrote:Sorry if you've already tried this:

I've seen you say you've updated and cleaned the library. Have you tried:

* removing the TV Show from the library (The entire show, not just an episode or season)
* Delete any nfo files (and any extra files in here that aren't video files) from the tv show directory
* Update the library

Again, sorry if you've already done this. I've had this issue before where the library just wasn't picking up new shows in certain folders... When i did the above, all fixed.

Good luck.

I tried removing the whole series from my tv show directory (even moved it to a whole other hard drive), cleaned library in xbmc. moved the folder back to my tv show directory and updated library in xbmc, same thing happened, itfound the show but no episodes.
Is your .nfo in the correct format?
...running out of ideas
From what I hear, Ember has a number of setting that have to be set right for it to work. Seriously, have you tried the .nfo file templates I gave you? Use them and set your folder and file structure just like my example and IT WILL WORK. Nod Or at least it works for me 100% of the time.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some TV Shows not showing up in XBMC0