Help needed on HTPC build (Group 5)
Hi Everyone,

First off, apologies for making my first post a question!

I'm building a custom and am looking for some advice on a couple of hardware items.

Being illegal to do our own wiring in Aus I'll be putting together HTPC with some built in storage (rather than spending $$$ to get the place wired for a network).

Any suggestions on a Motherboard/CPU combo and a case would be appreciated!

A few things I'm looking for
- Support for at least 3 Sata hard drives (be using a WD 2tb Caviar to begin with)
- USB 3.0 Support
- 1080p support
- Handle the sexiest skins - I'd like to be able to show it off!
- Support some multi tasking (but not games, maybe some emulation)
- WIFI

No need for it to support 3D.

Thanks in advance!
i know its linking to USA websitesbut,
i would go with something like this here

[CPU] Intel Pentium G620 Dual-Core 2.6GHz LGA-1155 65W ($70 + $0)
[mobo] GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2-B3 LGA-1155 μATX ($70 + $3)
[GPU] ZOTAC GT210 512MB DDR3 64-bit Fanless Low Profile ($36 + $4)
[case] SILVERSTONE GD04B μATX ($80 + $0)
[psu] Antec EarthWatts 430W ATX12V ($45 + $0)
TOTAL: ($308)
Thanks Eskro!

I'm having a bit of trouble finding the ZOTAC card. Do think this one would suffice?

ASUS 1GB GF210 PCI-E VGA Card
ZOTAC GT210 --> http://www.computerwholesale.com.au/?1354204

a nice place to shop/compare prices for AUS --> http://www.shopbot.com.au/
I used to have that ASUS 1GB G210 card in my HTPC and it will do everything that you listed in your original post.

ijoshea Wrote:Being illegal to do our own wiring in Aus I'll be putting together HTPC with some built in storage (rather than spending $$$ to get the place wired for a network).
Angry That kind of law would not make me a happy camper. It's illegal to run your own ethernet wiring - what a crock!
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
thats terrible oLO
wsume99 Wrote:I used to have that ASUS 1GB G210 card in my HTPC and it will do everything that you listed in your original post.

Angry That kind of law would not make me a happy camper. It's illegal to run your own ethernet wiring - what a crock!

It's also one I would happily ignore and probably just do it anyway. Nod
agree!
"it was like that when I moved in" Wink
wsume99 Wrote:I used to have that ASUS 1GB G210 card in my HTPC and it will do everything that you listed in your original post.

Kinda lame that all wiring in Aus must be done by a licensed electrician including Ethernet!

I'm assuming the ASUS 1gb card would be better than the Zotac 512mb card? (I can get them for the same price with shipping included)
512mb of ram is what is required by your GPU to play 1080P...

1GB wont change anything....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed on HTPC build (Group 5)0