• 148(current)
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth
@nickr, so starting since the begining:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc

*Now you would have required tools. Also i had an error when compiling the "cppmythtest" tool with precise. I updated the repo to fix it. You have to refresh yours:

cd xbmc-pvr-addons
git fetch origin master
git pull origin master

*Current commit should be 1fc5e71f8a517c43d6b5dc32cf3f9053fd8f3674

*Now you can replay the build begining with bootstrap...

Regards
Yeah I had all the necessary tools installed, and with your added git commands it now builds. Will test the addon tonight. Thanks.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-06-26, 21:59)nickr Wrote: Yeah I had all the necessary tools installed, and with your added git commands it now builds. Will test the addon tonight. Thanks.

Finally i successfully made the ppa build (after lot of googlize):

https://launchpad.net/~jlbarriere68/+archive/ppa

It build daily for precise -> trustry and Utopic. But these packages are usable only with ppa installation of xbmc. You have to take care of the xbmc version: Current addon (1.9.14) is for Gotham (13.0 and 13.1).
I very briefly tried to install the addon into gotham on my laptop this morning and got a few hard crashes of xbmc, but had to get to work and no time to diagnose. But after work, it's the weekend so will report back.

Crashes may of course be due to not having removed the cmyth addon first...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-06-27, 00:50)janbar Wrote: Finally i successfully made the ppa build (after lot of googlize):

https://launchpad.net/~jlbarriere68/+archive/ppa

It build daily for precise -> trustry and Utopic. But these packages are usable only with ppa installation of xbmc. You have to take care of the xbmc version: Current addon (1.9.14) is for Gotham (13.0 and 13.1).

Nice! Thanks.
OK that seems to work fine. Tried a recording or two and some liveTV. My setup is mythtv backend 0.27+fixes via mythbuntu repos, haven't upgraded that for a while, the exact version is 2:0.27.0+fixes.20131205.f78 (OK there is some left off the end there, but as you can see it is quite old!)

My frontend is linuxmint maya - basically ubuntu precise with mint gui goodies.

xbmc is 2:14.0~git20140429.0501-8dd (Thats funny I must have installed some post gotham code - this laptop does get a bit experimental sometimes, it is not my primary xbmc machine.)

Oh I have to add, if you put the wrong details in the setup, xbmc crashes on startup. I misspelled the name of my backend and it was impossible to start xbmc. This error in log. then nothing else:
Code:
19:05:28 T:139948590085888   ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)Connect: the specified host is unknown

Somehow I think the error could be handled a little more gracefully :-)
Yes you re right it is not very polite. i will give a bit of slap Wink. I will push the patch. Many thanks
(2014-06-27, 10:33)nickr Wrote: OK that seems to work fine. Tried a recording or two and some liveTV. My setup is mythtv backend 0.27+fixes via mythbuntu repos, haven't upgraded that for a while, the exact version is 2:0.27.0+fixes.20131205.f78 (OK there is some left off the end there, but as you can see it is quite old!)

My frontend is linuxmint maya - basically ubuntu precise with mint gui goodies.

xbmc is 2:14.0~git20140429.0501-8dd (Thats funny I must have installed some post gotham code - this laptop does get a bit experimental sometimes, it is not my primary xbmc machine.)

Oh I have to add, if you put the wrong details in the setup, xbmc crashes on startup. I misspelled the name of my backend and it was impossible to start xbmc. This error in log. then nothing else:
Code:
19:05:28 T:139948590085888   ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)Connect: the specified host is unknown

Somehow I think the error could be handled a little more gracefully :-)
Fixed. Thanks.
I just create a new thread to discuss about the new version of the addon: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=198833

We can keep here all about the current/old release.
Sorry. Posted in the wrong thread and can't delete this post
I am running ubuntu 14.04, myth 0.27 backend, and kodi 15.0alpha nightly upgrades. Everything is working. However, the kodi pvr has difficulty acquiring (some times it can, some times it can't) some standard definition channels that the mythtv frontend has no trouble acquiring. Note that I am using a Ceton infinitv 4 tuner with Verizon cablecard. Do you have any idea why this might happen?
(2015-02-06, 19:24)abrombo Wrote: I am running ubuntu 14.04, myth 0.27 backend, and kodi 15.0alpha nightly upgrades. Everything is working. However, the kodi pvr has difficulty acquiring (some times it can, some times it can't) some standard definition channels that the mythtv frontend has no trouble acquiring. Note that I am using a Ceton infinitv 4 tuner with Verizon cablecard. Do you have any idea why this might happen?
Wrong thread.
What is the correct thread?
Read upwards from where you posted.
  • 148(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth8