Remove Poster Thumbs in Movie list?
I use Fanart view on both my TV Shows and Movies menus. I somehow managed to remove the posters that appear at bottom-left from TV section, but not the Movie section. I find them a little redundant, and removing those posters (thumbs?) leaves more room for plot info.

Pretty sure i was able to remove the TV posters from the Appearance settings, but I havne;t been able to remove the ones from the freaking movie section..

Any help would be great.
I have 'Hide Cases' and 'Use Extra Thumbs' both disabled in my Skin settings. I think I have to edit an .xml or 2 manually, but I'm not sure which ones.

I also tried turning them back on, then off, and nothing has made those Movie posters go away.
Well I guess it cannot be done, then. I fudged around in the Fanart .xml but nothing helped.

Perhaps a feature for next version?
i could provide some pointers, but need to know which version of T! you're using.

svn or v3.11.7?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
to get rid of the movie-thumb, in View-Fanart.xml, line 458:

make the change in bold:

Code:
<visible>[b]!Container.Content(Movies) + [/b]!stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..) + !Window.IsVisible(VideoPlaylist)</visible>
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Groovy. thanks
Zombie thread revive.

I'm once again, looking to remove the movie thumbs, but that line is not longer in the view-fanart.xml.

I'm now using version 3.1.1.7
(2012-07-02, 08:09)argh! Wrote: Zombie thread revive.

I'm once again, looking to remove the movie thumbs, but that line is not longer in the view-fanart.xml.

I'm now using version 3.1.1.7

there's no such version.
assuming you're using T! v4.0.5 from the addon repo,
you need to edit line 500;
change:
Code:
<visible>!stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..)</visible>
to:
Code:
<visible>!Container.Content(Movies) + !stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..)</visible>
Oops. It's 3.11.7. Eden kept crashing on me so I moved back to Dharma. Single tear.

Unfortunately, you reply no longer has anything in bold, and I cannot remember which part to change..

Oh, the bold code is in there. duh.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove Poster Thumbs in Movie list?0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.