[WINDOWS] Stuttering after returning to the menu after a few minutes
@CrystalP
I'm still running tests to see where it's comming from. When i have some results i'll let you know.
However one of the latest nightlies messed up my SQL library. So i had to do a clean install because there was no way of saving it anymore.

EDIT:
Just had a clean install and still stuttering. Only thing installed is Aeon Nox and nothing else.
(latest nightly and latest Nox Git version)
Will see if can reproduce with Confluence. Is it possible that there aren't enough log messages to identify the problem?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Having the same problem here with the latest nightlies, sometimes it stutters coming back from movies sometimes it stutters if I press the info button for OSD. Couldn't catch it in my log files so far every time I switch to debug mode it seems to vanish.

Windows 7 (x64) with ION Graphics.
@CrystalP
I still haven't found a clear cause for this.
I may be thinking it has to do with file operations. Stutter also accours when updating my rather large library. It is run in SSD in portable mode without SQL server.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I run xbmc with xp compatibility mode and it's better but still...
Hi,

I too suffered from this issue, however I noticed that there was a lot of network activity from xbmc upon my every return to the home screen...

After investigating further I came to the conclusion that for some reason, xbmc is either programmed to, or just does... check for updates on all plugins/weather/rss/notifications etc every time I return to the home screen Huh I can't explain it, but it sends an awful lot of traffic/requests to my router.

After disabling auto updates for addons ("Globally" in the addons system menu, by pressing "left" on your remote) and removing rss feeds, and now with the advent of weather removal, I can honestly say that my network traffic has decreased immensely, and as such, as has 98% of my stuttering/juddering upon my return to the home menu.

It may not work for everyone, but it really has helped me massively Nod

The only stuttering I seem to get now (which is actually quite rare) seems to be related to populating my recently added lists etc... However using the skins options to hide these widgets and to only display this info on my prompt, has again helped to ileviate that issue to around 90%+.

I run Windows 7, Atom CPU, Ion Chipset, Pre-Eden builds. I used to really suffer from this issue, now it's a very very rare event indeed, infact it hasn't happened for a few weeks now (plus my network traffic has dropped massively, which is always good) Nod
great I'll try that!
thanks for sharing
cheers
now with a clean eden install...still stuttering now and then ( coming back to home after some streaming plugin,pseudo tv....)
it's REALLY frustrating with the htpc spec I have...
sometime I think it came from my ati driver, sometime I think it internet reliated...I don't know....
so what happen with you guys?
do you still have this problem with eden?
bakito Wrote:now with a clean eden install...still stuttering now and then ( coming back to home after some streaming plugin,pseudo tv....)
it's REALLY frustrating with the htpc spec I have...
sometime I think it came from my ati driver, sometime I think it internet reliated...I don't know....
so what happen with you guys?
do you still have this problem with eden?

Nope, nothing here... sorry Huh

For me the stuttering disappeared when I re-enabled the pagefile (200MB).

But I'm also running the latest drivers for all the hardware I have... just to make sure...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Stuttering after returning to the menu after a few minutes0