[WINDOWS] Stuttering after returning to the menu after a few minutes
Any progress on this? I have had the same problem for a long time and tried to search for a solution many times, glad to see I'm not alone. I hope we can find a solution for this.
I think we needs some of the developers point of view to figure this out.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:I think we needs some of the developers point of view to figure this out.

Could someone open a Bug-Report and point to this thread?

I'm quite busy right now, otherwise I'd do it ;-)
Sayuuk Wrote:Could someone open a Bug-Report and point to this thread?

I'm quite busy right now, otherwise I'd do it ;-)

Ticket:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11996
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Ticket:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11996

perfect, thanks! =)
just as a heads up:

I used to have the pagefile disabled, assuming that 4gigs of RAM where enough... on a hunch I reenabled it (200MB on my system SSD) and I haven't seen any stuttering yet (~1.5 days)...

Could those of you with the problem try this (if your pagefile is disabled in the first place... )

Cheers,
Stefan
mines not diabled
Hack_kid Wrote:mines not diabled

=/
Also don't have it disabled
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Also don't have it disabled

I'll continue to monitor this.

I've just watched a movie, came back and now stutter at all...

There is ~2 seconds where the screen more or less freezes when I go back to a menu from the fullscreen-movie (with it playing in the background), although this only occurs the first time. Subsequent switching is perfectly fluid...
I bet its another threading issue like the dxva stuttering that is being worked on now
I allowed it too...It seems to be better but I don't understand ...I have 3g of memory...seems to be more than enough...
well...
bakito Wrote:I allowed it too...It seems to be better but I don't understand ...I have 3g of memory...seems to be more than enough...
well...

I don't get it either, maybe a developer does though...

But I've honestly not seen that stuttering once and considering that it really annoyed me I guess I would have noticed it if it was still there...

Eek
Think i traced it back to the recently added script.
Since recent changes in animation code in Aeon Nox instead of the stuttering the last fanart/backdrop shows for about 5 seconds before i get the main menu. After that all is smooth. You can see from the log there's a 10 seconds gap.

Code:
20:57:52 T:2632   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Home.xml) ------
20:57:52 T:2632    INFO: Loading skin file: Home.xml
20:57:52 T:4704   DEBUG: CRecentlyAddedJob::UpdateMusic() - Running RecentlyAdded home screen update
20:57:52 T:4704   DEBUG: GetRecentlyAddedAlbumSongs() query: SELECT songview.* FROM (SELECT idAlbum FROM albumview ORDER BY idAlbum DESC LIMIT 10) AS recentalbums JOIN songview ON songview.idAlbum=recentalbums.idAlbum
20:57:52 T:4704   DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetRecentlyAddedAlbums query: select * from albumview order by idAlbum desc limit 10
20:58:02 T:4704   DEBUG: CRecentlyAddedJob::UpdateVideos() - Running RecentlyAdded home screen update
20:58:02 T:4704   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 2 ms for 10 items query: select * from movieview  order by idMovie desc limit 10
20:58:02 T:4704   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 53 ms for 10 items query: select * from episodeview order by idEpisode desc limit 10
20:58:02 T:4704   DEBUG: CRecentlyAddedJob::UpdateTotal() - Running RecentlyAdded home screen update
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Think i traced it back to the recently added script.
Since recent changes in animation code in Aeon Nox instead of the stuttering the last fanart/backdrop shows for about 5 seconds before i get the main menu. After that all is smooth. You can see from the log there's a 10 seconds gap.

Code:
20:57:52 T:2632   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Home.xml) ------
20:57:52 T:2632    INFO: Loading skin file: Home.xml
20:57:52 T:4704   DEBUG: CRecentlyAddedJob::UpdateMusic() - Running RecentlyAdded home screen update
20:57:52 T:4704   DEBUG: GetRecentlyAddedAlbumSongs() query: SELECT songview.* FROM (SELECT idAlbum FROM albumview ORDER BY idAlbum DESC LIMIT 10) AS recentalbums JOIN songview ON songview.idAlbum=recentalbums.idAlbum
20:57:52 T:4704   DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetRecentlyAddedAlbums query: select * from albumview order by idAlbum desc limit 10
20:58:02 T:4704   DEBUG: CRecentlyAddedJob::UpdateVideos() - Running RecentlyAdded home screen update
20:58:02 T:4704   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 2 ms for 10 items query: select * from movieview  order by idMovie desc limit 10
20:58:02 T:4704   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 53 ms for 10 items query: select * from episodeview order by idEpisode desc limit 10
20:58:02 T:4704   DEBUG: CRecentlyAddedJob::UpdateTotal() - Running RecentlyAdded home screen update

That's because of your Pre-Eden build, isn't it?

Maybe we where talking about different stutters in the end, I'm running the "official" 10.1 and didn't update anything (because there are no updates...)...

Also, "my stuttering" also occured with all the other skins (Alaska etc.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Stuttering after returning to the menu after a few minutes0