[RELEASE] New OpenGL plugin NastyFFT
(2015-03-19, 00:21)ironic_monkey Wrote: it was never submitted for inclusion.

i have modernized it at https://github.com/notspiff/visualization.nastyfft. it shows the broken state of the visualizer support in kodi currently - the viz uses the provided frequency data and that is as borked as can be. renders fine but no action cause it's all a bunch of zeros, or out of range data occasionally. the devs who borked it should take action (looking at you AE guys).

Sorry - other vizualisations that need to use FFT still work and get their 512 samples. Viz and the way it integrates into AE is a single nightmare ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
valgrind disagrees.
We make fun with the heap? Can you post the logs you gathered with valgrind, please?

btw. when we had a fundamental error, not a single viz would work at all - but I am quite sure, there is a probability > 0, that we have an issue there ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
you do realize that none of the vizes in mainline use the fourier data? i'll get the logs to you when i'm at a non-phone machine.
mmh Our internal fft is a bit hard to handle anyways. I think I fixed some tests there some months ago - so "in theory" it should still work. But you are right - that's most likely not tested at all.
Yeah, it's really obvious that it needs to be compiled ;-)

What I really meant (I probably should take a little bit more time sometimes):
- What do I need for compilation (dependencies)?
- Do I simply copy the binary and the rest of the git-files into it's own plugin-dir and voilà?

Thanks for your effort ;-)
Any WHY will the Team-Kodi members not simply compile it themselves and see where the issues are? It seems that this plugin would be a big enrichment for Kodi since a neat OpenGL visualization is one of the most missing stuff in Kodi IMHO ;-)
Trying to find out which package I need to install to get the OpenGL headers to be able to build the plugins. Suggestions?
Shocked 
I guess ironic_monkey is unfortunately right. Using the "Hype Machine" plugin, the cuttent OpenGL visualization simply stops moving, so it does not seem to get any data ...
(2015-03-31, 10:14)Otaku Wally Wrote: Any WHY will the Team-Kodi members not simply compile it themselves and see where the issues are? It seems that this plugin would be a big enrichment for Kodi since a neat OpenGL visualization is one of the most missing stuff in Kodi IMHO ;-)

Lack of time. Why don't you simply run it in a debugger and tell us the problem? Also similar simple, right?
From a short look, could you verify, that: RegisterAudioCallback is correctly performed? The rest is straight forward.
Lack of time. Why don't you simply run it in a debugger and tell us the problem? Also similar simple, right?
[/quote]

Because I am currently trying to figure out, which OpenGL headers I need (or better which dev packages on raspbian) to compile the visualization, that why ;-)

I guess time is the biggest foe of EVERY coder ;-)
There are no opengl for toy devices. Any dev would know this.
(2015-03-31, 13:47)ironic_monkey Wrote: There are no opengl for toy devices. Any dev would know this.

Well, the the standard OpenGL visualisation DOES WORK, right?

So WHAT do I need to prevent the following error:
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:97 (MESSAGE):
Could NOT find OpenGL (missing: OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:288 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindOpenGL.cmake:153 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
CMakeLists.txt:6 (find_package)
Stupid phone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] New OpenGL plugin NastyFFT0