damaged posters in pre Eden after playing any movie one time
Hello there, i just installed Eden from actual git, with live tv but this doesn't matter i think.

Several information:

- lucid
- nvidia 280.XX from x-swat
- change framerate for 24p enabled
- newest lucid kernel
- skin doesn't matter on this problem

My problem is the following:

When i start up XBMC, all movie posters are looking fine. I can scroll through menus, change to other views and so on, no problem.

If I play any movie one time, stop it and switch back to the overview, it seems like 90% of all posters are broken. The files it self are correct on file system.

I used Ember Media Manager to add this posters and with Dharma i don't have this problem.

To get a feeling what i am talking from... here a pic before watching a movie and after:
before:
after:

This is the last page, the other pages are even worse, 90% are shown wrong and also in the detailed info view.

Strange... because some are not broken and if I manually change a poster in xbmc, it works too.

Any ideas?
push
Exact the same Problem here, with latest eden
Some extra Information.

I'm also using the pvr tree, the Problem is there since the first master/merge in September.

The Poster behavior is really strange.
After I played a non Hardwareaccelerated Movie like a xvid File, 90% of all posters are broken. If I play a Hardwareaccelerated File that gets accelerated through VAAPI, like a mkv with AVC Video, all Posters are OK again.
hm thanks 4 reply.

I am using VDPAU with nvidia and posters are broken too after playing one movie.
I'm seeing this issue as well. Thought my video card was overheating (GT220) so I replaced it with a GT430 but the issue persists. I am also getting crashes when loading some thumbs, but it may or not be related. Nothing useful appears in debug log.

GIT, using tsp's cMyth branch. I've got dirtyregions and dds fanart enabled but turning them off doesn't seem to help. Issue seems to have started with openkdkamp builds in September.

Has anyone tried pulling down trunk and verifying the issue is there too?
Hi. I just cherrypicked all changes of files: JpegIO.cpp, JpegIO.h and Texture.c (from guilib subdir) and it seems to me that mentioned problem is gone. There was several changes upstream, eg:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/mas...JpegIO.cpp
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/mas...exture.cpp

So after another merge everything should be fine Smile
can i merge it by my own by replaceing these files and build it myself?

Should work or?

When will you merge to git next time?
I can confirm manio's fix, replacing the three files with latest git master fixes the issue, both the distorted thumbnails and the crash i was seeing.

Kraut,

You can pull down git master, copy the three files, then rebuild. However, git will cry the next time you do a pull, and you can't be sure the change won't introduce other files (though it looks pretty isolated). It's probably safest to wait for it to be merged, as screwy thumbnails have zero functional impact.
Hey

I have the same problem with the pictures.

i tired to replace the 3 files (JpegIO.cpp, JpegIO.h and Texture.cpp from https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/mas...mc/guilib/) in the guilib folder "~/src/xbmc/xbmc/guilib/"

But when i try to build i get an error

What I'm doing wrong?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
damaged posters in pre Eden after playing any movie one time0