Migrating XBMC to new hardware
I'm thinking of completely upgrading my HTPC, however, I don't really want to lose my XBMC install.

What is the best way of 'cloning' it to the new hardware? Installing XBMC, then copy my old XBMC folders over to the new machine? Which folders are required?
i use xbmc-live so this works for me:
Code:
dd bs=8192 if=/dev/sdd | bzip2 > xbmc-01.05.2011.iso.bz2 # to create the image
bunzip2 -c ./xbmc-01.05.2011.iso.bz2 | dd bs=8192 of=/dev/sdd # to restore the image
You just need to copy your profile folder. You don't say what OS you're using: see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Profile_Directory for how to find the profile directory on the various OSs.

JR
sorry, win7. So, just install xbmc fresh then copy my profile over nd everything stays as it previously was?
Oakey Wrote:sorry, win7. So, just install xbmc fresh then copy my profile over nd everything stays as it previously was?

Nod
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Oakey Wrote:sorry, win7. So, just install xbmc fresh then copy my profile over nd everything stays as it previously was?

Yes. The only thing to check is that the path to the media stays the same. Your sources and library will contain references to driver letters and/or network shares. Make sure the drive letters don't change on the new PC.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Migrating XBMC to new hardware0