[WINDOWS] Playback Issue - Low fps with specific films/programmes
Hello,

I have a problem with a few files which are not playing back smoothly and i need some help.
First is the film 'Antitrust', it starts fine, but about 5 seconds into it, the frame rate keeps dropping to ~9fps and the film is unwatchable.
This is also occuring with the simpsons S15E01, though i'm not 100% sure the issues are related yet (I will poast a separate debug log for this one if the issue is not resolved.)
I've tried multiple different copies/rips of the same film/programme and all have the same issue. Also, all of them play fine in other applications such as windows media player. I have dxva enabled.
Here is the debug log, i see some errors (starting at line 360 on pastebin) but i dont know what they mean.
http://pastebin.com/hRyencis

I'm using Dharma 10.1

PC Specs:
CPU/Motherboard: ASUS E35M1-M PRO (AMD Zacate 1.60GHz)
GPU: Onboard ATI HD6310
Ram: 4gb ddr3

Video Card Driver version: 8.792.0.0
Sound Card (Onboard HDMI Output) Driver version: 7.11.0000.7710

Thanks
Superdrone Wrote:Hello,

I have a problem with a few files which are not playing back smoothly and i need some help.
First is the film 'Antitrust', it starts fine, but about 5 seconds into it, the frame rate keeps dropping to ~9fps and the film is unwatchable.
This is also occuring with the simpsons S15E01, though i'm not 100% sure the issues are related yet (I will poast a separate debug log for this one if the issue is not resolved.)
I've tried multiple different copies/rips of the same film/programme and all have the same issue. Also, all of them play fine in other applications such as windows media player. I have dxva enabled.
Here is the debug log, i see some errors (starting at line 360 on pastebin) but i dont know what they mean.
http://pastebin.com/hRyencis

I'm using Dharma 10.1

PC Specs:
CPU/Motherboard: ASUS E35M1-M PRO (AMD Zacate 1.60GHz)
GPU: Onboard ATI HD6310
Ram: 4gb ddr3

Video Card Driver version: 8.792.0.0
Sound Card (Onboard HDMI Output) Driver version: 7.11.0000.7710

Thanks

I observed a similar bug in the recent nightly builds of Eden. The automatic refresh rate switching doesn't work with 720p material, and I only get unwatchable 6 frames per sec.

When I turn off the automatic refresh rate switching, it works. But I have to choose the proper frame rate manually in the catalyst settings.

Can you try switching automatic refresh rate to "off"?

Chris
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
Thanks for the suggestion, I've just tried it with 'automatic refresh rate' both on and off but its still happening.
Also tried the 'sync to display' option on and off.
I managed to find a video with 44.1KHz mp3 and played it, and my debug log looks very like yours except that there are no audio errors.

I wonder if it's something in the video that's upsetting XBMC. Could you try resampling the video with something like Handbrake (http://handbrake.fr/) and see if that fixes the problem.

JR
Thanks for the response, I've just tried handbrake and resampled the file with a few different codecs, i still get drastic fps drops (not at the same places as before though) aswell as the errors in the debug log.
It may just be a bad copy though, i dont know.
Superdrone Wrote:Thanks for the response, I've just tried handbrake and resampled the file with a few different codecs, i still get drastic fps drops (not at the same places as before though) aswell as the errors in the debug log.
It may just be a bad copy though, i dont know.

Please can you check if your audio output is properly configured in the settings menu?

Chris
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
Update: I have about 9 copies of the film now, and have finally found a copy that plays okay with xbmc.

Thanks for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Playback Issue - Low fps with specific films/programmes0