• 2(current)
[RELEASE] script.extrafanartdownloader
The addon now has a (somewhat) working progress dialog Big Grin no more staring blankly at a log file hoping it's doing something.
Can confirm 0.1.8 is working with nightly build sept. 27 (windows, smb:// shares)
Great job done. Just saying it again Nod

Maybe add the percentage of the file being downloaded. If there are many fanarts it might seem that the add-on has crashed (for the impatient ones).

Hope the movies section will follow soon
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yeahhh ... working like a charm, thanx for this great script man!
I'm pretty sure I've figured out movie fanart too, but I'm waiting to see if TMDB will give me an api key before I release the script. Hopefully in the next few days Smile
Hi.
I have been lately making some adjustments to the scripts that are downloading fanarts, logos, themes etc.
I don't like when files are saved in the directories where the actual media (TV, movies) is stored, because this files are XBMC specific.
Maybe you and the skin authors could think about making this scripts to download the fanarts to a "skin-specific" directory, for Example to:
...\addons\skin.cirrus.extended.v2\extras\tvfanarts\<TV Series Title>
Of course this makes it necessary to make changes in the skin, but at least you dont get a mess in the data storage for the media.
I already tried it with the Cirrus extended skin by butchabay and the logo-downloader, and TvTune script, and it works just fine.
paradix Wrote:Hi.
I have been lately making some adjustments to the scripts that are downloading fanarts, logos, themes etc.
I don't like when files are saved in the directories where the actual media (TV, movies) is stored, because this files are XBMC specific.
Maybe you and the skin authors could think about making this scripts to download the fanarts to a "skin-specific" directory, for Example to:
Of course this makes it necessary to make changes in the skin, but at least you dont get a mess in the data storage for the media.
I already tried it with the Cirrus extended skin by butchabay and the logo-downloader, and TvTune script, and it works just fine.

I don't find an extra folder cluttering you media folders. This keeps things centralized and that makes even more sense when using multiple htpc boxes. You just have to make sure you have the wright data structure.
IMO the skin specific is much worse because when changing skin you'll have to download it all again. So you have twice the data usage. TV Logo Downloader also stores everything in the media folders. I think that applies to many of the users.
Like you said the skin has to support this to put it some where else. So they must add another option to the skin and maybe a lot of code to support both options.
But that's my opion Smile
Maybe paddycarey has some time to add the function to download to standard location or custom.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:IMO the skin specific is much worse because when changing skin you'll have to download it all again. So you have twice the data usage.
Here you are right, but the skin specific was just an example. My point was, would be nice to have a general choice where the data is stored.
When everything from logo-downloader, tvtunes and this new script gets downloaded to the same directory it gets a bit messy. But that's my opinion Smile
It puts the images a sub folder 'extrafanart' inside the tv series folder and not in the main folder. So shouldn't be that bad.
Well every one has a different view on how to organize and do understand yours Smile

CD Art Manager does let you chose where to put images and can be set in skins.
I think it's just grown this way over time. You have make some standards and this is the result of it.
paradix Wrote:Hi.

I don't really have an opinion either way, whatever the devs/skin authors decide I'll go with.

Extra files in my library don't annoy me at all, I rarely look at it outside of xbmc. With my tv shows and movies automatically sorted into the correct places by external scripts I usually don't ever have to browse through directories.

I understand though that browsing could be awkward in other programs because of the clutter. Do other programs support the kind of artwork that xbmc does? if so how do they store it? is there any kind of standard?
For any brave souls who want to test, I've added movie support to github, works ok for me, but as always i'm sure there are bugs.

The only problem is that I do not yet have an api key so you'll have to find your own if you want to help with testing for the meantime.

If you want to try you can modify the script and add your api key in the following line:

self.tmdbapikey = ''

change to

self.tmdbapikey = 'your_api_key_here'

Hopefully I'll have my own soon and this won't be necessary. I also don't want to make a new release until this step isn't necessary.
Got my TMDB api key so I've just released a new version with (hopefully) working movie support. Get it while it's hot Big Grin

Download: https://github.com/downloads/paddycarey/...-0.3.6.zip
It works. Great job.

One problem though. Some movies get the wrong fanart. Like the animation Aladdin.
I have the wright imdb movie ID however it downloads something completly different. It's also for Aladdin but not the animation.
Second example it the Pixar short movie Burn-E. Here i get the fanart scraped for Burnie (i think). Also had this problem in Ember with identifying this one.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:One problem though. Some movies get the wrong fanart. Like the animation Aladdin.
I have the wright imdb movie ID however it downloads something completly different. It's also for Aladdin but not the animation.
Second example it the Pixar short movie Burn-E. Here i get the fanart scraped for Burnie (i think). Also had this problem in Ember with identifying this one.

Strange, the script only takes the id which is stored in your xbmc database and looks up themoviedb.org with that. what is the id which is stored for aladdin?
paddycarey Wrote:Strange, the script only takes the id which is stored in your xbmc database and looks up themoviedb.org with that. what is the id which is stored for aladdin?

Fixed it for Aladdin. Some idiot put the same ID in a some musical version of Aladdin. So i deleted the wrong ID.
Would come in handy if you could search themoviedb.org also for imdb ID's. But not really your problem Wink

EDIT:
Nevermind. The other is now also fixed Blush
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:The second one is more of a problem

I have this in my library:
BURN-E - IMDb ID: tt1334585
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1334585/
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/13413#

And it dwnloads the fanart from:
Burn after reading
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/4944#
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0887883/

What does your debug log show? Just added some extra debug statements so if you want to test you can update from git. Just delete the relevant extrafanart folders and try again.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] script.extrafanartdownloader2