Manually added TV shows got to Movies section
Hi.

I've got two season of the Office (UK) ripped. This rip includes a folder full of extras - bloopers, deleted scenes etc. The two seasons of files add to my tv shows library with no problem, but not the extras. I have manually added these files to the library. They then end up in the movies section. From here i use the "link to tv show" option. The files then show up in the Office (UK) folder in my TV shows section but they remain in the the Movies section too.

How do i solve this?
gnolan Wrote:I have manually added these files to the library. They then end up in the movies section.
By manually adding the files to the library are you saying you created your own .nfo file?
If you did and they show up in movies I am assuming your .nfo file is a movie .nfo file rather than a tvshow .nfo file. Does it have <movie> tags or <tvshow> tags. Actually I think you want <episodedetails> tags.

I think you would do well to put your DVD extras in a 'season00' folder. Then create episode .nfo files asigning them s00e01, s00e02, etc.

examples of TV show folder and file structure as well as example .nfo file templates are in this thread
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
outatouch0 Wrote:By manually adding the files to the library are you saying you created your own .nfo file?
If you did and they show up in movies I am assuming your .nfo file is a movie .nfo file rather than a tvshow .nfo file. Does it have <movie> tags or <tvshow> tags. Actually I think you want <episodedetails> tags.

I think you would do well to put your DVD extras in a 'season00' folder. Then create episode .nfo files asigning them s00e01, s00e02, etc.

examples of TV show folder and file structure as well as example .nfo file templates are in this thread

When i say i manually added the files i mean i went to the menu and selected "manually add to library". I didn't go near any nfo files.
the dvd extras are likely being recongized or treated as dvd movie extras.
TV Show library view requires season and episode naming convention. You could probably get away with simply adding s00e01, s00e02 etc to the filenames of the dvd extras. Then remove from library (but not delete), restart xbmc (to update the library) and they should appear under your tv show.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manually added TV shows got to Movies section0