TrueHD and DTSHD. Can I get it?
phoenix2000 Wrote:I don't know about Linux, but in Windows 7 all you have do do is Google XBMC_HD_Audio and download XBMC_HD_Audio. Download and install XBMC 10.1 as usual, rename the XBMC folder to XBMC10.1, then copy XBMC_HD_Audio to c:\program files and rename the folder to XBMC. This way your icons will launch the XBMC.exe from XBMC_HD_Audio without tripping any Windows 7 alerts. Once you are in there, go to the audio settings tab, et voila. I can confirm that DTS-HD MA and DD TrueHD light up on my Denon 1911 and via Blu Ray test disc I have confirmed all 8 channels in both formats. Cheers and enjoy.

Works fine but of no use for Linux\Live users.
really a shame
I followed steps from http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97509 and now have TrueHD decoded and sent to my receiver as PCM . I have not yet tried DTS-MA.
mrpickle Wrote:I followed steps from http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97509 and now have TrueHD decoded and sent to my receiver as PCM . I have not yet tried DTS-MA.

Hi,
wow!

Are you saying that a movie file (mkv or m2ts) with a TrueHD track (or DTSHD-MA) can be decoded by XBMC and then sent to the receiver as PCM?
Automatically?
Without having to manually decode the track?
That seems fantastic!

I am going to buy a new receiver that allows HDMI input, straight away!

thanks.
I have a onkyo 805 and does not light up with "trueHD" but instead multichannel PCM. This is the same as with the old fat ps3. I have only tested MKV files. I will test DTS-MA and let you know the results.
elite1967 Wrote:Hi,
wow!

Are you saying that a movie file (mkv or m2ts) with a TrueHD track (or DTSHD-MA) can be decoded by XBMC and then sent to the receiver as PCM?
Automatically?
Without having to manually decode the track?
That seems fantastic!

I am going to buy a new receiver that allows HDMI input, straight away!

thanks.

He's wrong. Not a chance this will be implemented for 6 months+.
mrpickle Wrote:I have a onkyo 805 and does not light up with "trueHD" but instead multichannel PCM. This is the same as with the old fat ps3. I have only tested MKV files. I will test DTS-MA and let you know the results.

You're not treading new ground. It doesn't work.
This is not new ground, this is xbmc decoding truehd and outputing LPCM over hdmi. (xbmc 9.04 milestone has full TrueHD support). What would you like for proof that this is working? The codecinfo shows that the audio codec is turehd my reviver lights up multichannel and all five of my speakers have sound?
mrpickle Wrote:This is not new ground, this is xbmc decoding truehd and outputing LPCM over hdmi. (xbmc 9.04 milestone has full TrueHD support). What would you like for proof that this is working? The codecinfo shows that the audio codec is turehd my reviver lights up multichannel and all five of my speakers have sound?

This isn't an argument. I'm stating fact. DTS-MA doesn't work. Period. TrueHD is different and i made no comment on it.
lloydsmart Wrote:You can listen to the THD and DTSHDMA tracks in full, uncompressed quality with your current hardware. You just can't bitstream them. This means that your PC will decode the tracks and stream the uncompressed audio to your AVR. With bitstreaming, the PC would stream the original compressed data to your AVR, and the AVR would decode it. The result is exactly the same. The only difference is that when the amp does the decoding, it will probably turn on a little light to show you what codec is in use, whereas when the PC does the decoding, the amp will just display "Multichannel Audio" or similar, because it's receiving plain HD audio, and doesn't know what format it started out as.

Wait. WHAT! Are you saying that you can get truehd 7.1 or dtshd ma 7.1 'exact quality' from fusion openelec connected to onkyo because openelec will just uncompress (no data change) the audio and sent it uncompress to be played by my onkyo with exact quality? If this is true, then

WOHOOO(Homer Simpson style)

Thanks.
@publicENEMY - I think you leaped to a wrong conclusion there! You mentioned openelec fusion - That's Radeon video and ATI HDMI sound. The previous poster mrpickle referred to drivers and tweaks on an Nvidia platform.

I too, am on a Fusion build and can't get multichannel PCM to work at all over HDMI - only DD or DTS on passthrough. The hardware is fine - it does multichannel PCM on W7, but that's a whole other direction No

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TrueHD and DTSHD. Can I get it?0