Jazz and Classical Music Library
Hi guys,

So I've been using XBMC for a long time, and obviously it has worked out really well for the most part for everything.

However, I have a problem that is not XBMC's "fault".. it's just a logistical problem with my music collection.

Popular albums are very easy to catalog, but all of my classical and jazz stuff.. the metadata is very dense, often times with a different composer, multiple album artists, different performers, etc.

On a technical level, I know exactly how to do everything... but I'm finding it very difficult to figure out what I WANT to do...

For example, I have an advancedsettings.xml file that uses "/" without spaces to separate different album artists, so for an album with multiple artist, each artist will show up on their own....

But the only problem is, this creates a HUGE list of artists, most of whom I won't even recognize, and definitely no art for them because they are too obscure... For example, Bela fleck with Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, Jie-Bing Chen... great album, and I certainly don't want to delete Bhatt and Chen from the tags, but I don't necessarily want to see them in my library either... just Bela Fleck....

So, my question is: how do people with prolific jazz/classical composer/performer collections that tend to have a high degree of mixing and collaboration manage to keep a tidy and concise library? And how do you populate the art for this type of music?

Right now, my library is only full of mainstream stuff, and I'm leaving XBMC for the other stuff, which is actually the stuff I listen to most of the time!No

I don't need a detailed technical explanation, just advice on preserving metadata while not having a sprawling library with thousands of artists that I don't recognize.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jazz and Classical Music Library0