Videos and Adding Home Movies
Hi all,

I've found a few posts detailing was around adding your home movies to your XBMC library, but they are quite old. Is there now a proper way of adding home movies, or do you still have to switch back to file view?

Also, why is there both a link to movies and videos on the main menu when they appear to do the same thing?
I think i've answered my own question.

Some of the skins shows videosd as your files, and Movies as your library, which is just what i'm looking for.

Overall the "Neon" skin seems to work the best for me.
Star 
Yes file view (often a button called Video) sees your entire file list... with all the warts etc... and has none of the 'special' extras the movie view offers for files in that have been scraped into the library.

For home videos or files that are not listed in the Internet database, you can create manually covers, background and .nfo files to get them into the library. Or just set the scraper to ignore those files and view in file mode.
newer skins, aeon nox, aeon MQ 3 for example allow for the creation of custom shortcuts on the home screen. To get the files into the library I would recommend using a media manager like EMM to get the information in and set the cover and fan art.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos and Adding Home Movies0