Player controls + music osd ideas
also when osd etc is done i take it we will have a skin version number change?
jmarshal, oh, its also a led zep song, their last live performance of that song was in 1979....thats a wierd coincidence. ah well, guess i should have know by the album cover....duh.

stupid u2 isnt coming to edmonton Sad
jm
problems with changing visualizations while a song is playing.
submitted bug report 1178992
loto - that was fixed already - try recompiling - maybe it hadn't hit anon yet when you compiled last time.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

already talked to jm bout it, wasnt commited

this may be a large feature request...
how simular are screensaver and visualization api's? i believe they are quite close right? would it be possible to impliment resizing of screensavers as well? i was playing with the latest build, decided to remove the large homescreen images in pm3 because browsing the homescreen is quite slow while using a vis or playing a movie. the speed increase is huge and makes navigation much nicer imo. i also read somewhere about creating a way to interact with a visualization from the ui? if so doing this could even lead to a 3d menu interface (though video and vis's could never be part of the 3d ui)
in a nutshell, my idea is for screensavers to be shown insted of vis and video in the small resized windows when no media is actively playing
the slowness is due to a number of things:

1. textures are loaded only when visible. this frees up around 6mb or so on home.

2. textures in pm3 are not bundled. this slows things down quite a bit.

3. furthermore, they're .png's which is even slower.

to speed them up:

1. convert to .bmp if you want them outside of textures.xpr.

2. bundle them into textures.xpr

3. force them to load and say goodbye to 6mb (only available via the source code).

opinions?

cheers,
jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

3. no way, i think the new quicktimebrowser (which is great) needs all the memory you can give it.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
the are external at the moment so people are able to change them. i'll see what sort if increase in speed compressing them into the xpr and converting them to .bmp will provide.
so is it possiable with the latest binary build to have the music vis as a window on the screen.
yes, exactly Smile
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
(kotix @ april 09 2005,07:45 Wrote:yes, exactly Smile
Shocked looks great kotix :thumbsup:

looking forward to the next version of orb.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
ok all.

as you will have seen, the vis control stuff + using white to fade in/out all the controls (images + labels) on the vis screen is now in cvs.

i now want to start considering a "now playing" screen, and am looking for any ideas/mockups so we can start planning it out. nothing flash (mockups) is required - just some sketches etc. that we can all discuss. otherwise, all ideas are welcome.

cheers,
jonathan

chucked together pretty fast... (actually it took me 3 hours :lol: jk )

maybe just to stir some discussion
just to confirm it for myself, are you asking for a design for the "now playing" section, or what we would like to see? cause, wont the graphical design actually be handle by the skinners? so then we just need the info/controls available for the specific screen...right? or am i wrong, is there going to be a standard design that we all just change colors with.....

cause, no one will be happy otherwise, and there iwll always be someone asking for this to be added, or deleted, moved, changed ect....

the way i see it, the now playing section should combine what is already available (play lists, vis, album art/info) in one screen with toggable options, mimicking either itunes or windows media player.

the way kai is set up right now, is almost how windows media player is set up. arena tabs, friends tabs could be replaced with now playing, media library, ect (just as an example)

but the way i see it is to have the option to: control the media, view album art/info, view and modify playlists, view music library (including net sources like shoutcast), visualisation (plus the ability to change the vis from this screen) all from a standard skin set up, or with toggable displays/screens or multiple windows...
just asking for ideas. layout etc. is up to the skinner, but visual layout does help provide ideas in it's own right (we only have a certain amount of screen realestate, as is shown quite well in loto's drawings above).

i think must-haves are:

player controls: either on screen, or fairly large popup.

now playing items: info on current track + a list of the next 10 items or so on their way.

visualisation: clickable to get to fullscreen would be nice, or times out to fullscreen perhaps. doesn't have to be large, and in-fact it isn't even required to be there - perhaps it could be just a custom spectrum analyser partially hidden in the background or something subtle like that - up to the skinner ofcourse.

other stuff: a way to get to the library/filelists so that users can easily add more songs etc. i don't think there's enough room to show it on the same screen - tabs may be the way to go on this front, though i'm not sure that they are an ideal way to navigate. it could perhaps be incorporated where the "switch view" button is now - library, files, playlists (top 100), now playing.

anyway - just want to get ideas on how to best set this up. want to get it as right as possible first time.

cheers,
jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Player controls + music osd ideas0