Original file name in movie list ?
Hello, i'm newbie to XBMC, i have just added my movies directory to XBMC. I'm wondering if it is possible to display the original file name of the movie somewhere in the interface ? Because sometimes the scrapper add the wrong movie and there is no way of telling what is the real movie since the file name isn't displayed !!! It would be perfect if i could replace the movie title displayed in my Aeon Showmix skin with the filename instead of the movie name from the scrapper.

The other option would be to use "file list" option under "movies" menu, but as far as i know there is no way to display the movie description from IMDB in file list mode... I can get the DVD pocket image to display, but not the movie description
anarchoi Wrote:The other option would be to use "file list" option under "movies" menu, but as far as i know there is no way to display the movie description from IMDB in file list mode... I can get the DVD pocket image to display, but not the movie description

The upcoming Eden release merges library and file mode views to do just that, view movie info from file view.

With Dharma and at least some skins, i know Transparency is one as it is what I use, if you hit info on a movie in the library the movie info screen will show you what the file path is for the title.
Sounds interessing... But i use file mode view sometimes because this is the only way i can see the movies that were not found by the scrapper (so movies without description or pocket). How will i be able to do that with Eden release ? And also, when will it be released ? I heard there are nightly builds or something like that, should i upgrade ?
If you have movies not scraping correctly and you are unable to resolve it you can simply create an .nfo file so it will appear in library view.
Several recent threads on this subject as well as a wiki Wink
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
is there another way ??

i was planning to add a folder from my external HD with thousands of movies.... i don't want to manually create a .nfo folder for each movie that wasnt added
bump
You can try using XWMM. It will show you which of your files are in the library and which are not and for those that are in the library the 'other details' will show you the name of the file. Its probably quicker to use XWMM that set up nfo files.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Original file name in movie list ?0