line-height
When using multiple fontsets in a skin often there's issues having to do with the size of controls, mainly textareas. A certain height can work perfectly for one fontset, but when using another fontset it can result in clipped text.

Also, sometimes a fontset doesn't really "work" for onscreen reading because of the line-height being too small making it look cramped.

Both these problems could be remedied if XBMC's textarea controls would allow customization of the line height.

Any chance of support for this?

Cheers,
Jeroen
With the new skin variables you could do somethng like this:

Code:
<variable name="FontHeight">
    <value condition="SubString(System.GetBool(font),Default)">20</value>
    <value condition="SubString(System.GetBool(font),NameOfOtherFontset)">50</value>
  </variable>

and then insert this in height:

Code:
<height>$VAR[FontHeight]</height>

EDIT: nevermind system.getbool only returns true or false, maybe we need a Skin.CurrentFont
I use <aligny>center</aligny> as default for labels so if a different font is used that also will be centrally 'y' aligned to the control. Works pretty well.
Big_Noid Wrote:With the new skin variables you could do somethng like this:

Code:
<variable name="FontHeight">
    <value condition="SubString(System.GetBool(font),Default)">20</value>
    <value condition="SubString(System.GetBool(font),NameOfOtherFontset)">50</value>
  </variable>

and then insert this in height:

Code:
<height>$VAR[FontHeight]</height>

EDIT: nevermind system.getbool only returns true or false, maybe we need a Skin.CurrentFont
Skin Variables will work only in <label>, <texture> and similiar - we can't use them for numerical or boolean expressions yet - I will describe it soon (I hope I will find time on weekend)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
pieh Wrote:Skin Variables will work only in <label>, <texture> and similiar - we can't use them for numerical or boolean expressions yet - I will describe it soon (I hope I will find time on weekend)

Okay, that's good to know. I thought the vars would just be translated to their value anywhere inside tags.
Yeah I tried this today but sadly it's not working -> $INFO[Container($VAR[Value]).ListItem.Label]. Hopefully someday and it will save even more code. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
line-height0