How does this hardware look?
poofyhairguy Wrote:Completely doable. The trick as I said is to use an access point. Basically this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6833122398

The issue is the lower range of 5GHZ N.
it's very expensive! i'm still not convince because it received poor rating from users.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Jetster Wrote:I run 1080p accost a wireless G without any problems. The receiving CPU i3-550 I think helps it a bit. I didn't think it would work but it is. Although there are no walls and its only about 40 ' 3 months now and Ive never seen any buffring

WRT54GL with DD-WRT
i'm impressed that you can stream bd 1080p with wireless g? is that 1080p w/ dts-hd/truehd?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:it's very expensive! i'm still not convince because it received poor rating from users.

It works within a short range. For me I had the access points about 25 feet apart with one wall inbetween.

Kirky99 Wrote:Wireless and 1080p don't mix too well. You can try it, but the first answer on the next post asking about why you're buffering and whatnot, people will tell you to run wire.

I didn't mention wireless at all. I plan to stream over HDMI via the output on the ATI.
where are your movies located?
inside your HTPC?
or on a server?
kitsunegari Wrote:Don't actually know why I asked that, as I won't be using network cabling at all :p.

Thanks guys, appreciate the answers.
When I read this, I assumed wireless...
eskro Wrote:where are your movies located?
inside your HTPC?
or on a server?

They are on my server, the hardware listed in the op. I'm trying to cut out a HTPC altogether to save a bit of £££.

Kirky99 Wrote:When I read this, I assumed wireless...
Aye it was poorly worded, my apologies.
No worries, just trying to avoid problems...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How does this hardware look?0