Library categories
I am sure that this must have been covered somewhere?! Currently, Transparency! allows me to split videos into "Movies", "TV Shows" and "Musicvideos".

Is there a way to split out "Documentaries" out of "TV Shows" (as separate item in the main menu) and the same for "3D moveis" out of "Movies".

Thanks in advance!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
i haven't tried it myself (so i can't give you any pointers), but I've seen others refer to "smart playlists" in this sort of situation before..
hope that's enough info for you until someone who actually knows what they are talking about swings by Wink
Indeed the Smartplaylists are the way to go.
Step1: Create smartlist with the rules you want to apply.
Step2: Add this playlist to favourites
Step3: Go to skin custimization and make a custom Favourites panel pointg to that favourite
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Indeed the Smartplaylists are the way to go.
Step1: Create smartlist with the rules you want to apply.
Step2: Add this playlist to favourites
Step3: Go to skin custimization and make a custom Favourites panel pointg to that favourite

OK, will give it a shot. Someone has already done that and could give some guidance how to do it (e.g., I would probably need a special tag to make sure XBMC knows, which are the 3D movies?). Looking for the following 5 in the home menu:

* Movies (excl. 3D movies)
* 3D Movies
* TV Shows (excl. documentaries and home videos)
* Documentaries
* Musicvideos (that's already there)
* Home videos and sports (would love to have them structured the same way as TV Shows; i.e., Show (e.g., Football) and Season (e.g., Worldcup 2010); I know how to the NFO files to do that, but need help with the smartplaylists)
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
Edited quote:

steve1977 Wrote:Looking for the following 8 options in the home menu:

* Movies (excl. 3D movies)
* 3D Movies
* TV Shows (excl. documentaries, home videos and sports)
* Documentaries
* Musicvideos
* Music
* Home video
* Sports

I am still trying to achieve to have a home menu as shown above. I have succeeded to create smart playlists for all the items above. My issue are the following:

1) Recently added movies and tv shows do not work anymore as I had to remove "movies" and "tvshows" from the home menu
2) Not enough custom menu fields to achieve above.

Thanks for any thoughts / pointers!!!
Hi,

Did you ever sort this?

Thx
I might have created a folder (call it 3D Features) and in the smart playlist use the 'path contains 3D Features' rule and save as Fav with a custom home page link to Favs, it would be tempting to create a 'set' if the content is not volatile. I've recently started using studio tags in playlists for wider content (e.g. Criterion Collection). Reading about the custom nodes that Frodo will bring, makes me think most of this is work-arounds anyway. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_Video_Nodes

Within T! you could have one 'Custom' button with 10 subs.... 3 buttons = 3 home page buttons + 30 subs, given each home page button can have sub menu items, I find it hard to believe you could fill them all up... well I guess I've done so pretty much Smile

My personal choice is a 'less' cluttered home page with dramatic images as the gateway to the library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library categories0