Help trying to get video information window
Hi Folks,

I'm having a little problem with a plugin I've been working on.
It's designed to hook into the TVHeadend server on my remote NAS box so I can set up PVR recordings from within XBMC. It's getting close now but ......

What I would like to do is add provision for the standard movie information window so that I can read a program synopsys without having to resort to binoculars and a Yes/No dialog rammed with text No

I'm using listitems and addDirectoryItem to add entries to my lists and have tried passing different infolabels in but despite my best efforts I cannot get the info window to open when I hit "i" on a selected entry.
Absolutely nothing happens. If an empty window came up I'd feel like there was light at the end of the tunnel but as it is I fear basic pilot error means I'm looking in the wrong direction.

XBMC log shows nothing but button press messages when I try so I think it's a fundamental problem.

I've designated my plugin as a program addon and it shows up under programs where I would expect it.
Perhaps stoopidly I figured that since it doesn't provide a video source it was best filed away under programs but have I shot myself in the foot and disabled all that video specific goodness?

I'm sure I've read a similar post in the past but I've tried searching and rtfwiki'ng and nothing is showing up.

Also, if I do ever get the info window to open is it possible to change the play button into a record button?
I can do python coding no problem but years of unix scripting means I have no clue about all this fancy schmancy GUI rubbish Laugh

Cheers for any advice
Steve
if your addon is script (therefore not video or audio plugin) you must implement all menus and dialogs yourself using for examle select dialog for invoking the dialog you can use onAction callback. take a look at my source, hope, you'll find it in that mess

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help trying to get video information window0