[MOD] Dedicated Games and Comics Advanced Launcher entries int Add-on submenus
Here is a little MOD to have 2 real Advanced launcher entries into Add-ons sub-menu and dedicate them for Games and Comics.

Image Image

First thing to do is to duplicate the Advanced Launcher add-on. First add-on (plugin.program.advanced.launcher) will be dedicated to games and the second one (plugin.program.advanced.launcher2) will be dedicated to comics. Here is a Youtube tutorial explaining how duplicate Advanced Launcher add-on : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gMFJcxdcEg. Be sure that Advanced Launcher add-ons are respectively named plugin.program.advanced.launcher (will be used for Games) and plugin.program.advanced.launcher2 (will be used for Comics.)

By default the AEON MQ3 skin have a dedicated Add-on sub-menu for games. Unfortunately this one is not directly linked to Advanced Launcher but to My Program folder of XBMC. Also AEON MQ3 skin do not have any entry for Comics. To correct this, we will first edit the xbmc/addons/skin.aeonmq.3/720p/Home.xml file. Search the SubMenu Add-ons section 12 of the xml file, then modify the item 1 and add the [b]item 7[/b] as bellow.

Code:
<!-- SubMenu Add-ons - 12 -->
[b]  <item id="1"><!-- Games -->
    <label fallback="31001">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsGames_Label)]</label>
    <icon fallback="-">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsGames_Background)]</icon>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(10001,&quot;plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/&quot;)</onclick>
    <visible>Container(300).HasFocus(12) + !SubString(Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsGames),true)</visible>
  </item>
[/b]  <item id="2"><!-- Games (launcher) -->
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(10001, plugin://plugin.program.launcher/addon.py,return)</onclick>
    <visible>Container(300).HasFocus(12) + Skin.HasSetting(launcherforgames) + !SubString(Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsGames),true)</visible>
  </item>
  <item id="3"><!-- Programs -->
    <label fallback="31010">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsPrograms_Label)]</label>
    <icon fallback="-">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsPrograms_Background)]</icon>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,Addons,return)</onclick>
    <visible>Container(300).HasFocus(12) + !SubString(Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsPrograms),true)</visible>
  </item>
  <item id="4"><!-- Video -->
    <label fallback="31005">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsVideos_Label)]</label>
    <icon fallback="-">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsVideos_Background)]</icon>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Video,Addons,return)</onclick>
    <visible>Container(300).HasFocus(12) + !SubString(Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsVideos),true)</visible>
  </item>
  <item id="5"><!-- Music -->
    <label fallback="31250">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsMusic_Label)]</label>
    <icon fallback="-">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsMusic_Background)]</icon>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Music,Addons,return)</onclick>
    <visible>Container(300).HasFocus(12) + !SubString(Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsMusic),true)</visible>
  </item>
  <item id="6"><!-- Pictures -->
    <label fallback="31002">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsPictures_Label)]</label>
    <icon fallback="-">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsPictures_Background)]</icon>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Pictures,Addons,return)</onclick>
    <visible>Container(300).HasFocus(12) + !SubString(Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsPictures),true)</visible>
  </item>
[b]  <item id="7"><!-- Comics -->
    <label fallback="31350">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsComics_Label)]</label>
    <icon fallback="-">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsComics_Background)]</icon>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(10001,&quot;plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher2/&quot;)</onclick>
    <visible>Container(300).HasFocus(12) + !SubString(Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsComics),true)</visible>
  </item>[/b]
The new entries have now been created into AEON MQ3 Add-on sub-menu. But if you want to modify them (change name or select the background image) we also need to modify the skin customization file of AEON MQ3. To do this, we need to edit the xbmc/addons/skin.aeonmq.3/720p/CustomSkin.xml file. Here again, search the SubMenu Add-ons section 12 of the xml file, then modify the item 1 and add the [b]item 7[/b] as bellow.

Code:
<!-- SubMenu Add-ons - 12 -->
  [b]<item id="1"><!-- Games -->
    <property name="EnableDisable">$INFO[Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsGames),true)]</property>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customBackground,CustomSubAddonsGames_Background)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customEnableDisable,DisableSubAddonsGames)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customLabel,CustomSubAddonsGames_Label)</onclick>
    <onclick>SetFocus(8888)</onclick>
    <visible>Container(400).HasFocus(12) + [!SubString(Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsGames),true) | !Skin.HasSetting(nodisablebuttons)]</visible>
  </item>[/b]
  <item id="2"><!-- Programs -->
    <label fallback="31010">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsPrograms_Label)]</label>
    <property name="EnableDisable">$INFO[Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsPrograms),true)]</property>
    <icon fallback="-">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsPrograms_Background)]</icon>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customBackground,CustomSubAddonsPrograms_Background)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customEnableDisable,DisableSubAddonsPrograms)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customLabel,CustomSubAddonsPrograms_Label)</onclick>
    <visible>Container(400).HasFocus(12) + [!SubString(Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsPrograms),true) | !Skin.HasSetting(nodisablebuttons)]</visible>
  </item>
  <item id="4"><!-- Video -->
    <label fallback="31005">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsVideos_Label)]</label>
    <property name="EnableDisable">$INFO[Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsVideos),true)]</property>
    <icon fallback="-">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsVideos_Background)]</icon>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customBackground,CustomSubAddonsVideos_Background)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customEnableDisable,DisableSubAddonsVideos)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customLabel,CustomSubAddonsVideos_Label)</onclick>
    <visible>Container(400).HasFocus(12) + [!SubString(Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsVideos),true) | !Skin.HasSetting(nodisablebuttons)]</visible>
  </item>
  <item id="5"><!-- Music -->
    <label fallback="31250">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsMusic_Label)]</label>
    <property name="EnableDisable">$INFO[Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsMusic),true)]</property>
    <icon fallback="-">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsMusic_Background)]</icon>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customBackground,CustomSubAddonsMusic_Background)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customEnableDisable,DisableSubAddonsMusic)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customLabel,CustomSubAddonsMusic_Label)</onclick>
    <visible>Container(400).HasFocus(12) + [!SubString(Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsMusic),true) | !Skin.HasSetting(nodisablebuttons)]</visible>
  </item>
  <item id="6"><!-- Pictures -->
    <label fallback="31002">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsPictures_Label)]</label>
    <property name="EnableDisable">$INFO[Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsPictures),true)]</property>
    <icon fallback="-">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsPictures_Background)]</icon>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customBackground,CustomSubAddonsPictures_Background)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customEnableDisable,DisableSubAddonsPictures)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customLabel,CustomSubAddonsPictures_Label)</onclick>
    <visible>Container(400).HasFocus(12) + [!SubString(Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsPictures),true) | !Skin.HasSetting(nodisablebuttons)]</visible>
  </item>
  [b]<item id="7"><!-- Comics -->
    <label fallback="31350">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsComics_Label)]</label>
    <property name="EnableDisable">$INFO[Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsComics),true)]</property>
    <icon fallback="-">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubAddonsComics_Background)]</icon>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customBackground,CustomSubAddonsComics_Background)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customEnableDisable,DisableSubAddonsComics)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customLabel,CustomSubAddonsComics_Label)</onclick>
    <visible>Container(400).HasFocus(12) + [!SubString(Skin.String(DisableSubAddonsComics),true) | !Skin.HasSetting(nodisablebuttons)]</visible>
  </item>[/b]
Then you just have to start XBMC with AEON MQ3 skin, go into settings / skin / Shortcut/Backdrops menu, and rename the new created add-on sub-menu entry to Comics and then select a backdrops corresponding to the Games and Comics entries. Wink
what do i do if i dont want my comics hidden but as regular menu item instead of submenu?

btw i see you know a couple of things yourself about how to mod a skin

could you perhaps add the game info display from panel layout to showtime layout view

would be awesome angelscry
hentai23 Wrote:what do i do if i dont want my comics hidden but as regular menu item instead of submenu?
Add your Advanced Launcher add-on dedicated to comics as favorite and then add this favorite into the Home menu using skin settings options.

hentai23 Wrote:could you perhaps add the game info display from panel layout to showtime layout view
I'm maybe good to modify/adapt skins not to create them. Maybe asking to AEON MQ3 developers to add this elementary feature will be faster... and then officially supported.
well i already requested and marcos took it into his fn long list of requests , so if you could figure something out meanwhile

i think all of us aeon mq3 users would appreciate it , and theres already info display there in aeon mq3 but only in panel view not showtime thats what needs changed thatd be epic!!

oh and about the favourites , -.-', if thats youre solution then i might as well use the solution i presented as well ,

simply using adv orginal for everything , and simply favourite the pc games launcher and comics launcher that i made in adv and add those to the menu xD

the same thing with less headaches and that way i dont need to backspace anymore when i switch between games and comics cause it directly accesses the specific launcher of course you see a milisecond of the comics or games directory you was in before but no more backspace ....atlast!!! , now all we need is a couple more than just 4 favourites and its all good xD

since ill be adding some snes launchers and ps2 etc xD, and if microsoft holds true to theyre word then once windows 8 comes out , xbox 360 games too xD

p.s: i did as you once suggested by adding a emulator launcher and made explorer.exe the program , then added lnk and html as accepted items, html? yeah steam creates html shortcuts not lnk thats why xD

now i just scan my specified shortcuts folder and i got all my games , this is indeed faster and easier , funny how i did a launcher for each and every game in the beginning xD
hentai23 Wrote:well i already requested and marcos took it into his fn long list of requests , so if you could figure something out meanwhile

i think all of us aeon mq3 users would appreciate it , and theres already info display there in aeon mq3 but only in panel view not showtime thats what needs changed thatd be epic!!
But Marco is the most well placed person do it. I can always create MODs, but these ones will always need to be re-applied after each AEON MQ3 skin updates. For a long term use, it is better that Marco directly add this features into the skin.

hentai23 Wrote:oh and about the favourites , -.-', if thats youre solution then i might as well use the solution i presented as well ,

simply using adv orginal for everything , and simply favourite the pc games launcher and comics launcher that i made in adv and add those to the menu xD
That the most simplest way to proceed.

hentai23 Wrote:the same thing with less headaches and that way i dont need to backspace anymore when i switch between games and comics cause it directly accesses the specific launcher of course you see a milisecond of the comics or games directory you was in before but no more backspace ....atlast!!! , now all we need is a couple more than just 4 favourites and its all good xD

As for my previous MOD you can edit Home.xml and CustomSkin.xml files as you want to add additionnal Favorites entries.

Image Image

Here is how to proceed to add 3 new favorites entries. For the Home.xml file search for custom favourite 5 item, then after this one add the new favorite entries :

Code:
  <item id="35"><!-- custom favourite 5 -->
    <label fallback="31035">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite5_Label)]</label>
    <include>Favourite5Backdrop</include>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite5_Background)]</thumb>
    <onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite5_path)]</onclick>
    <visible>SubString(Skin.String(DisableFavourite5),true)</visible>
  </item>
[b]  <item id="136"><!-- custom favourite 6 -->
    <label fallback="31136">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite6_Label)]</label>
    <include>Favourite6Backdrop</include>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite6_Background)]</thumb>
    <onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite6_path)]</onclick>
    <visible>SubString(Skin.String(DisableFavourite6),true)</visible>
  </item>
  <item id="137"><!-- custom favourite 7 -->
    <label fallback="31137">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite7_Label)]</label>
    <include>Favourite7Backdrop</include>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite7_Background)]</thumb>
    <onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite7_path)]</onclick>
    <visible>SubString(Skin.String(DisableFavourite7),true)</visible>
  </item>
  <item id="138"><!-- custom favourite 8 -->
    <label fallback="31138">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite8_Label)]</label>
    <include>Favourite8Backdrop</include>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite8_Background)]</thumb>
    <onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite8_path)]</onclick>
    <visible>SubString(Skin.String(DisableFavourite8),true)</visible>
  </item>[/b]

Then to be able to customize these favorites entries, you need aslo to edit the CustomSkin.xml file search for custom favourite 5 item, then after this one add the new favorite entries :

Code:
  <item id="35"><!-- custom favourite 5 -->
    <label fallback="31035">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite5_Label)]</label>
    <label2>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite5_name)]</label2>
    <property name="EnableDisable">$INFO[Skin.String(DisableFavourite5),true)]</property>
    <include>Favourite5Backdrop</include>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customBackground,CustomFavourite5_Background)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customLabel,CustomFavourite5_Label)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(custom_path,CustomFavourite5_path)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(custom_name,CustomFavourite5_name)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(custom_done,CustomFavourite5)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customEnableDisable,DisableFavourite5)</onclick>
    <onclick>SetFocus(8887)</onclick>
    <visible>SubString(Skin.String(DisableFavourite5),true) | !Skin.HasSetting(nodisablebuttons)</visible>
  </item>[b]
  <item id="136"><!-- custom favourite 6 -->
    <label fallback="31136">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite6_Label)]</label>
    <label2>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite6_name)]</label2>
    <property name="EnableDisable">$INFO[Skin.String(DisableFavourite6),true)]</property>
    <include>Favourite6Backdrop</include>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customBackground,CustomFavourite6_Background)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customLabel,CustomFavourite6_Label)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(custom_path,CustomFavourite6_path)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(custom_name,CustomFavourite6_name)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(custom_done,CustomFavourite6)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customEnableDisable,DisableFavourite6)</onclick>
    <visible>SubString(Skin.String(DisableFavourite6),true) | !Skin.HasSetting(nodisablebuttons)</visible>
  </item>
  <item id="137"><!-- custom favourite 7 -->
    <label fallback="31137">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite7_Label)]</label>
    <label2>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite7_name)]</label2>
    <property name="EnableDisable">$INFO[Skin.String(DisableFavourite7),true)]</property>
    <include>Favourite7Backdrop</include>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customBackground,CustomFavourite7_Background)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customLabel,CustomFavourite7_Label)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(custom_path,CustomFavourite7_path)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(custom_name,CustomFavourite7_name)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(custom_done,CustomFavourite7)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customEnableDisable,DisableFavourite7)</onclick>
    <visible>SubString(Skin.String(DisableFavourite7),true) | !Skin.HasSetting(nodisablebuttons)</visible>
  </item>
  <item id="138"><!-- custom favourite 8 -->
    <label fallback="31138">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite8_Label)]</label>
    <label2>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourite8_name)]</label2>
    <property name="EnableDisable">$INFO[Skin.String(DisableFavourite8),true)]</property>
    <include>Favourite8Backdrop</include>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customBackground,CustomFavourite8_Background)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customLabel,CustomFavourite8_Label)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(custom_path,CustomFavourite8_path)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(custom_name,CustomFavourite8_name)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(custom_done,CustomFavourite8)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(customEnableDisable,DisableFavourite8)</onclick>
    <visible>SubString(Skin.String(DisableFavourite8),true) | !Skin.HasSetting(nodisablebuttons)</visible>
  </item>
  ...[/b]

Using this modding technique you can add how many favorite entries you want. You just have to take care to change the favorite number ID (CustomFavourite8_Label, CustomFavourite8_Background, CustomFavourite8_path, etc...) for each new added favorites to avoid incompatibility problems between each favorites. The only limit that I have already explain is that if you update the skin, you will have to re-apply all this mod.
ok youre right , but for now would you have a way to do what i asked

aka get showtime to show game details?

and didnt you say that you could add trailers for games too?

and thanks for the favourites mod ill apply that as soon as i find out where and how to do it exactly xD

update : that worked now if you could only get the other stuff to work itd be epic !!
Angelscry, I'll include your changes in skin, of course if you allow. Nod

Thank you for your cooperation.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
see angelscry he got all hands full and if youd help out even the dev would mucho appreciate it xD

so hope you get dat info view from panel into showtime perhaps trailer support too , peace

and marcos hope you get into this too i toldcha theres a big community existing for adv bigger than youd think -.-'
MarcosQui Wrote:Angelscry, I'll include your changes in skin, of course if you allow. Nod

Thank you for your cooperation.
Of course MarcosQui, you can include them!!! I have post them here to share with others. Laugh
hentai23 Wrote:see angelscry he got all hands full and if youd help out even the dev would mucho appreciate it xD

so hope you get dat info view from panel into showtime perhaps trailer support too , peace

and marcos hope you get into this too i toldcha theres a big community existing for adv bigger than youd think -.-'
My hands are also full... I'm the only person how works on Advanced Launcher Rolleyes
Thank you. Nod

Visit my website
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
MarcosQui Wrote:Thank you. Nod

MarcosQui, I have seen that there is (or will be) a Dharma version of AEON MQ3. There is a way to download it? If I have time to work on this skin I'll prefer to works on a skin for a stable version of XBMC.
As a way of thanks I will send you an invitation to the group of skin, so you can get the link to the version Dharma.

Visit my website
MarcosQui Wrote:As a way of thanks I will send you an invitation to the group of skin, so you can get the link to the version Dharma.
Ho... ok. Thank you very much. Sorry for that. But I always prefer to develop on stable version of XBMC (Dharma) first, then make a port to the development version (pre-Eden). If I'll work on AEON MQ3 Program add-on views for Dharma, I'm pretty sure that they will be mostly compatible with the pre-eden version. Nod
epic!!!!!!!! cant wait !! yeah id prefer dharma too but am using the preeden since no mq3 for dharma has been officially released yet -.-'

even the latest eden build is pissing me off , scrappers for movies not workin correctly aka freezing and random xbmc crashes -.-' i want back to dharma marcos give me dat mq3 for dharma already i beg of ya

update: thou im really hoping eden gets more stable in the direction of what 10.1 dharma is -.-'

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Dedicated Games and Comics Advanced Launcher entries int Add-on submenus0