TMDB Scraper - ignoring url in nfo file
Hi

I recently had problems with the TMDB scraper and movie sets. I use nfo files for setting the <set> tag. Here for example my hp1.nfo

Code:
<movie>
    <set>Harry Potter Collection</set>
    <sorttitle>HP 1</sorttitle>
</movie>
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/671

The corresponding directory tree has the following structure

Code:
-+- Movies
    -+- Harry Potter Collection
       --- folder.jpg
       -+- Harry Potter 1
           --- hp1.avi
           --- hp1.nfo
       --- Harry Potter 2

This is the debug xbmc.log while trying to update the movie library: http://pastebin.com/EsLEup2E

Obviously it gets the right link, but then ignores the online information and only adding the infos found in the nfo file.
So the movies are stored in a set properly but without additional informations.

I'm using XBMC 10.1 from the stable ppa with Ubuntu 10.04.3. The TMDB scraper Version is 1.4.3.
I believe there is a setting. Something like: ignore local data. I can't remember exactly. I just read it on a thread yesterday and this may be the same type of issue you are having.
I don't know enough about the debug files to be helpful with that.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Correct me if i'm wrong but it should scrape all missing infor if not found in the NFO file.
Just open this link which the scraper returned:
http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.getI...740ea9/671
Its a full info NFO file so the scraper should process that.

What are your scraper setting?

Could you try and remove it from the database and then rescan.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yes I've opened the link already and imo it should work correctly.
I'm sure it worked properly some time ago as I have created other movie sets with the same nfo contents…

I can remove and rescan as much as I want the movie is added in the proper collection but without name or any other infos. If I want to update the movie itself after it was added to the library xbmc says that there were local informations already present and asks me if I want to ignore them and use online informations. If I do this, then all the informations are getting loaded correctly but after that the movie isn't in the movie set anymore. I could use XWMM and add the movie back to its collection but this is not the point here…

The scraper settings are: use foldernames for query and scan recursively. Or which settings do you mean?

EDIT:

Found this thread here (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...light=tmdb) with exactly the same issue. Seems to be fixed for some people but unfortunately not for me…
I see what you mean about retaining your set with the .nfo vs successfully scraping for metadata and images.
You can have the best of both worlds by adding the rest of the metadata yourself i.e. use a complete .nfo file with all of the movie information. Download your fanart etc and put it in the movie folder. Problem solved Nod
I have posted a number of example moviename.nfo templates you can use. I am not at home or I would give you one here. There is also one in the wiki on the 'import & export library' page I believe.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
I appreciate that but in fact I don't want to manually build up a complete nfo file.

Actually the automatic scraping with such minimal nfo files as posted above has worked some time ago. So I'm curious why it doesn't work anymore Eek

Fortunately I'm not quite alone with this issue, but as seen in the other thread linked above it was solved for some people…

Are there any nightly builds of the tmdb scraper? If yes, where can I get them?
alexr Wrote:If I want to update the movie itself after it was added to the library xbmc says that there were local informations already present and asks me if I want to ignore them and use online informations. If I do this, then all the informations are getting loaded correctly but after that the movie isn't in the movie set anymore.

When you get the above question you should say no to going on line because your using a mixed nfo otherwise it ignores the nfo completely

I just tried your exact folder structure and your naming and it worked perfectly for me ?

If I was you I would check your nfo's for errors because your log should say "Found matching Mixed NFO" but it doesn't it says full nfo its not seeing the URL that's why they are being added but without a name or any other info

BTW partial logs are pointless you should post full debug log
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Nightly and Dharma themoviedb scrapers are maintained by the XBMC dev's so if there are updates you will automaticly get them. It should be available from the xbmc repo in the add-ons section. Check if you have the latest version.
Indedd check your NFO file.
If I say no to that question then nothing happens…

What error could there be in the nfo file? Do they need a specific encoding? I've created them with vim: vi hp1.nfo and typed in the lines posted above…

@Machine-Sanctum

I'm using the ppa version from team-xbmc. The scraper version is 1.4.3.
Maybe there's not an error I just said check because its definitely not seeing the URL and only using the set info from the nfo that's why they are getting added to the set with nothing else

I'm using TMDB scraper Version 1.4.3

As for saying no to that question you would need to refresh at least 2 of them before anything happens and you should get the same problem
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
alexr Wrote:I appreciate that but in fact I don't want to manually build up a complete nfo file.
Thats fine, if you did though.... you would already have the issue fixed by now.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
outatouch0 Wrote:Thats fine, if you did though.... you would already have the issue fixed by now.

Yes it would but its not a real solution though. Its just a workaround for an issue that maybe can easaly be solved.
I think something was wrong with my installation or database. Killing the .xbmc folder and so starting with a clean XBMC solved my problem.

Thanks to all who tried to help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB Scraper - ignoring url in nfo file0