Itunes share for music
What is the preferred way to add music to XBMC. do I just share my itunes library? And then add it via ftp or one of the protocols?
love to know too from a windows 7 pc to XBMC on ATV
Anyone that can help?
Not sure what the preferred way is but I prefer using iTunes to stream to XBMC over Airplay (available in the latest nightlies, needs to be turned on under the XBMC's Network settings).

I also tried sharing my iTunes music folder via SMB to the ATV2. It worked well enough but Airplay was less hassle... and it can be done from iTunes, iPhone, iPad. Using SMB, I had to scan the folder every time I added new songs... it was annoying.
Airplay is working on the latest nightly but it is crashing every couple of minutes..
precator Wrote:Airplay is working on the latest nightly but it is crashing every couple of minutes..

You're probably pointing Airplay (via iTunes) to the AppleTV target, but you should be pointing to the XBMC@Apple-TV target.

Mine did crash when pointing to the ATV itself, but doesn't crash when pointing to the XBMC target (added as a feature a few days ago).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108702&page=10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Itunes share for music0