Default to 5.1 Audio.
Hello everyone,

I've been looking for the setting to have xbmc default to the 5.1 audio stream. Most of my MKV files have both 2 channel stereo on stream 1 and 5.1 audio of some sort (AC3, DTS, etc) on stream 2. I tried setting it in one file and the clicking 'Apply to all files' but that doesn't save the setting for audio stream for some reason.

I've tried to scour a few different forums, including this one, and found that while the option doesn't seem to exist in XBMC natively a lot of people want it and have put together a patch to automatically select the highest quality audio stream. I've found a few different posts and bits of code from about 9 months ago where people have gotten it to work. I haven't found any actual add-on files, or patch files that I can apply to my XBMC install.

Does anyone know if there is a simple way for me to add that function to my install? Because I'm getting the impression that the people who got this to work added the code manually and recompiled their XBMC installs...

Thanks!
^^
You should look at setting VLC player for as a media player. Within VLC you can control which audio stream to select
I do use VLC when playing video just within Windows, and yes it works great. However I like XBMC because it's fully integrated solution for video/audio/etc. and I'd rather not have to deal with having it switch to and outside program just to play a video... which is mainly what it gets used for. I have launcher setup for playing emulators and games, and there's enough of a hassle getting everything to work seamlessly between those apps that adding another step to what is, mostly, a flawless video playing system is really not a preferable solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default to 5.1 Audio.0