Aeon on my language
hi all:

Can this skin be configured in another language??

If so how can I do it??
Change the language of xbmc: settings-> apearence.

It could be that your language isn't available in the skin because this is usually done by users.
If so you can translate it yourself and it can be added.
The translation of xbmc will probably need some updating to.
If you're up to the task i can give you some pointers.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
In addons/skin.aeon.nox/language you can find the skin specific translations. If you want do add your language simply create a new folder (named as your language Wink), i.e. copy the English/strings.xml into it and modify it.

I'm doing this right now for german -> German/strings.xml

Sorry I just saw that your question was not aeon-nox specific, but maybe the other aeon skins have the same folder structure
alexr Wrote:In addons/skin.aeon.nox/language you can find the skin specific translations. If you want do add your language simply create a new folder (named as your language Wink), i.e. copy the English/strings.xml into it and modify it.

I'm doing this right now for german -> German/strings.xml

Sorry I just saw that your question was not aeon-nox specific, but maybe the other aeon skins have the same folder structure

All skins use same structure.

For the XBMC language file itself:
c:\program files\xbmc\language\ (the install folder)

An easy to use tool for this is the XBMC translator. This uses the English file as master and this way it's easy to see what is missing or needs updating. Don't forget to save when done because the program won't ask when you close it.
In the program you need to set which location where the language files are located.
Some skin have some weird xml structure so it will not always works.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Translator
Ok thank you both.

It seems that some parts are in my language( PT) and some are not.

Wil have a look.
The strings I would like to change on AEON skin are the basic menu:

TV-GUIDE
PROGRAMS
SYSTEM
ADD_ONS
SHUTDOWN

On basic skin these are all in portuguese.
I would like them in portuguese too on AEON skin.

Where exactely can I change it ??
Each skin uses it's own additional language file. So that's why some part are translated and some are not.
got the folder in userdata (see the wiki where to find) "addons/skin.aeon.nox/language/
Create a new folder 'PT' in the language folder. Copy the strings.xml file from the English folder.
Now just edit the XML file for correct translations.

EDIT:
Juts read that the last update for Aeon Nox for Dharma10.1 went out the door. So if you translate it's only for yourself.
The version for Eden 11.0 still needs some translations so your welcome if you want to help out.
Ok I have translated only the home basic menu items to make a test.
Renamed the file to : portuguese and placed it at : (my OS is win7)
C:users>myname>appdatta>roaming>XBMC>addons>skin.aeon.nos>language.

nothing has changed.When I open XBMC with aeon skin the the basic home menus are still in english.

What am I doing wrong ??
HILFER Wrote:Ok I have translated only the home basic menu items to make a test.
Renamed the file to : portuguese and placed it at : (my OS is win7)
C:users>myname>appdatta>roaming>XBMC>addons>skin.aeon.nos>language.

nothing has changed.When I open XBMC with aeon skin the the basic home menus are still in english.

What am I doing wrong ??

the filename needs to be the same as it was: 'string.xml' and place it in the folder 'Portuguese'

so: skin.aeon.nox/language/portuguese/strings.xml
Ok for some reason I changed the structure of the xml file and it was not working.
Now is ok.

But I have the followwing problem.The instalation where I am testing all these things is 1 pc with windows 7 32 bit and the future steady instalation is on a new machine with windows 7 - 64 bit.

On that machine I have made instalation on drive B.

I've been looking everywhere and I can't find the aeon skin folder to change those strings too !!!

On that machine I cann see where XBMX is installed but so far I didn't find anything regarding AEON skin !!! It must be somewhere as I can enable it.

any ideas ??
If you don't run in portable mode the Aeon Nox files will be in the same location: c:\users\.....

The appdata folder may be hidden.
i'm honestly starting to believe the guys that claimed peeps don't even know about ctrl-f.
spiff Wrote:i'm honestly starting to believe the guys that claimed peeps don't even know about ctrl-f.

Well i've learned over the years that this is a proven fact. Together with the laws of gravity.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon on my language0