XBMC booting out of video and back to menu
Hi All,

I'm running the stable version of XBMC Dharma with Windows 7 64-bit and Aeon Nox skin.

I've recently upgraded my HTPC so have spent the past few weeks getting XBMC set-up with my video and music library.

I have however run into two problems.

1/ When playing a video, it starts fine but after a couple of minutes stops playing and boots back to the menu.

2/ I have the 'recently added' widget enabled, but this fails randomly prompting an on-screen message. All information from the widget disappears until I click on a menu item and them go back to the menu.

Any ideas greatly received.
Star 
Sounds as if your system has some sort of issue when playing the video... using the keyboard 'O' key might help determine if something in your system is loaded down. (e.g. graphic card or CPU). The failure of the 'recently added' widget could easily be attributed to failure to refresh of the GPU or CPU depending on how your hardware is configured.

To get any further with this... I suggest a proper debug log (with debug turned on) posted to pastebin.com
PatK Wrote:Sounds as if your system has some sort of issue when playing the video... using the keyboard 'O' key might help determine if something in your system is loaded down. (e.g. graphic card or CPU). The failure of the 'recently added' widget could easily be attributed to failure to refresh of the GPU or CPU depending on how your hardware is configured.

To get any further with this... I suggest a proper debug log (with debug turned on) posted to pastebin.com

Thanks very much, I'll give that a try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC booting out of video and back to menu0