Change between video/audio output with a keypress?
Hi!
I was almost done with my home media configuration and happy with it when suddenly my laptop died! I used to have that in my bedroom connected to a 42"plasma.

Ofc now I was looking for a new way to get xbmc in my bedroom.
First off the ATV2 looked like a neat little box - cheap - small, and would probably fit my needs just fine.

HOWEVER

I was thinking of an even more awesome way to do this, hear me out plsSmile

In my livingroom I have a Asrock ION 330 connected to a 47" led tv. The Asrock itself is stowed away in a "box" with some other stuff (router, modem etc..) its well cooled down with fans.

I usually control is with my iphone, but have a dinovo keyboard for when its needed.

Since the TV in the bedroom is an old plasma that is "HD-Ready" with useless native res I might aswell try something different.

I was thinking of using a VGA->DVI (or VGA-VGA) cable ~10meters and use on the Secondary Video output on the Asrock, and using the same box for both Livingroom/Bedroom.

This should in theory work pretty decent?

The problem is that its somewhat a hassle to change video output in XBMC, is it possible to do this with the press of a key?

Some kind of macro to change XBMC Video output and Sound output at the same time with the flick of a key would be ultra awesomeosaurus.

Someone just tell me right away if i'm way out of bounds here, before i go buy cables and stuff.

Currently running a devel build of openelec, but have no problems switching to other builds in necessary for it to work properly.

Thanks for your feedback, Really!
I don't think there is any way to switch video and audio with a keypress.

If you look at http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions this shows all the functions that can be mapped to key presses. I don't see anything that looks as if it switches the video and audio.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change between video/audio output with a keypress?0