Powerline Ethernet Adapters
I have been impressed with these devices, as they perform faster than wireless N.
Here are some statistic for your consideration if you decide to purchase these:

ZyXEL 500 Mbps*HD Powerline Adapter Kit ~$95 with shipping from BUY.COM
TrendNet 200 Mbps Powerline AV Adapter Kit ~$70 with shipping from AMAZON.COM

Test using 1000 Mbit ethernet adapter on Dell computer to wall adapter
Figure about 75 meter run from wall socket up wall, over ceiling, across house to circuit box and back to room where other computer is connected to router and wall ethernet adapter to router as well (everything 1000 Mbit)

Using Speedometer for linux to visually see bandwidth in use.

Copying a 700 meg AVI file across network

Trendnet 200 - Trendnet 200 - ~8.7 MBps (MegaBytes not bits)
ZyXEL 500 - Trendnet 200 - ~9.6 MBps
ZyXEL 500 - ZyXEL 500 - 12.9 MBps (woohoo)

So...
Trendnet 200 should be called TrendNet 80
ZyXEL 500 should be call ZyXEL 101

Maybe someone can find this info useful
Consistent speed performance withe these devices is hard to achieve based on a few factors...Home's wiring, distance between devices..etc..etc! I used one of these devices by netgear for a few years before I discovered MoCA! The best speed transfer I saw was around 6.5MB/s sustained with 4.5gb DVD files!
True
House wiring will effect performance however I am really pleased with the performance in my home. Better than wireless n router 20' away
Make sure you try a few different plugs in your house too - I moved one that wasn't doing so great to another room (geographically further but apparently cable closer) and went from barely being able to stream SD to no problems streaming avatar at 1080p....
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Powerline Ethernet Adapters0