I think more of a windows sharing option but....
Hello,

I am having a very large headache. I have installed windows 7 home premium on my TV pc which I use to play all of my media I download from the internet through XBMC, I recently bought a small acer PC for upstairs which connects to the shared folder on the downstairs computer also through XBMC. When I first connected to the share, everything was there, but, as new files are been added to the downstairs computer, they are not appearing on the shared drive upstairs. I went in to permissions and changed an option in caching and it suddenly updated everything upstairs, so I thought I had fixed it, however, as I have been adding more files downstairs they are not appearing upstairs. So I tried changing the caching back to the original option but it doesn't seem to fix anything, the upstairs PC will not display the new files that are in the share folder.

OI hope somebody has had a similar issue and knows how to fix this,

Thanks in advance,

Badgerbailey
Hello,

Have you loaded and set up the MySQL server? If not, that is your problem. Do a search for "MySQL".

Mark
Hi Mark,

I've actually been playing around a bit, and I found out that if I move a file manually to that folder then it will appear, but if utorrent moves a completed download in there, then it won't appear, so, I am pretty positive that the proble lies with utorrent not allowing shared permissions on the file, I just have to find out how to fix it that all.
When you say the new media files do not appear...
Do you mean:
1) you have xbmc set to scan for library updates at start up
2) when you shutdown xbmc and then restart it
the new files are not found?

Next, are you able to browse to the new media files in FILE VIEW under VIDEOS in the main menu?
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Yes, XBMC scans for updates, but I can restart xbmc many times and they still won't show up, also, I found that if I map the network drive from within windows they won't show up either, so it is clearly not an xbmc issue, it is more related to utorrent I think when it moves the completed downloads, something is wrong with the permissions so they are not available in the shared folder to the network. I have also posted on the utorrent support site but I am waiting a response.
Also, I only use file view as I find library mode unreliable for the UK tv that I watch, it can't find any info so they miss from my library so I only use file view
badgerboy123 Wrote:... not allowing shared permissions on the file

There were some posts here a month or so ago addressing this issue. Try searching in the windows specific thread. Google is a better search option than using the built in forum search. Try something like this
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I think more of a windows sharing option but....0