Customize Home Screen
Hi,

Fantastic job on the new build of XBMC, it looks amazing, I do have one really simple question though which is is it possible to customize the home screen to say the categories below

Films
TV Shows
Pictures

And then have whatever mapped drives etc associated to each.

thank you
Andy
Ummm...
the home menu/screen already has, among other things, Movies, TV Shows, Pictures...
You likely could reneame movies to films. This may depen on which skin you use IDK.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
outatouch0 Wrote:Ummm...
the home menu/screen already has, among other things, Movies, TV Shows, Pictures...
You likely could reneame movies to films. This may depen on which skin you use IDK.

Ok this makes me idiot..but on my home screen, which is the default skin, I don't see TV Shows, only :

Weather Pictures Videos Music Programs System.

How do I make TV shows appear?
thanks!
Ok...so installing a new Skin (simplicity) this by default gives me the home categories i want. So are the categories defined by the skin, and is this the only way it can be done? So i cant add my own home screen cat to say the default skin?

Thanks again,
Andy
CraftyPanda Wrote:Ok this makes me idiot..but on my home screen, which is the default skin, I don't see TV Shows, only :

Weather Pictures Videos Music Programs System.

How do I make TV shows appear?
thanks!

Have you added your source as TVShows & run the scraper in Confluence ?
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Yes you can add things to your home screen. There are a multitude of threads on the subject. They usually involve utilizing 'favorites' and/or 'smart playlists.'

As for Movies and TV shows... go to VIDEOS, ADD SOURCE, once you add your eg. Movie folder then the next screen will be where you 'Set Content.' Content set to movies (with a scraper enabled) will, once scraped, appear in library view under your main menu Movies.
For more on this see the sticky or the wiki or whatever on it.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Mudislander Wrote:Have you added your source as TVShows & run the scraper in Confluence ?

In System settings, Skin, Home window you can specify what is shown on the Home page, however you can only show "TV shows" if you have some TV shows scanned to the library. Hence Mudislander's point.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customize Home Screen0