Noob from Canada
Hi,

I've recently heard about XBMC and how it can stream tons of tv shows, movies, and almost everything else but when i tried it, it seems like none of the add-ons work for me. Is it because I'm in Canada? Am i geolocked?

What do I need to do so I can start watching tv shows from the states or even shows from like Animeftw?

Thanks!
I think you're misunderstanding how it works exactly. Try reading the wikis and the forums and then come back and ask a more specific question.
i am from canada as well, and the only streaming addon i can use is canada on demand (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ght=canada). i havent bothered to troubleshoot the others as i store my content locally, but have wished sometimes that certain streams (NHL especially) worked. i have assumes the same as you that i am indeed "geolocked" as you say.

so clubwerks....are you from canada and can make all the streaming addons work? is that why your respose is sooooo helpful?

welcome to the forums mprince, hope you find everyone else more helpful!
In XBMC, different plugins offer different streams. Some of those streams are indeed geolocked. For instance, the LiveStreams addon has several UK-based streams that are not viewable for me here in Canada. Most of the time it really is hit-or-miss.

However, there are plenty of plugins that offer streams that are not geolocked. The most well-known one, and probably the one that will suit your needs, is IceFilms. Go to the Plugins subforum and find the Icefilms thread, read through it, and I'm pretty sure that'll be what you're looking for.

I think LiveStreams offers a TSN feed. There's also SportsDevil plugin, for sports.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Thanks canadave! Icefilms work! I also found Navi-X...that works too!

For some reason tho the Canada-on-Demand add-on isn't working for me tho, distracto
distracto Wrote:i am from canada as well, and the only streaming addon i can use is canada on demand (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ght=canada). i havent bothered to troubleshoot the others as i store my content locally, but have wished sometimes that certain streams (NHL especially) worked. i have assumes the same as you that i am indeed "geolocked" as you say.

so clubwerks....are you from canada and can make all the streaming addons work? is that why your respose is sooooo helpful?

welcome to the forums mprince, hope you find everyone else more helpful!

Do I have to be from Canada to understand how to read before I post a vague question that could have a million possible answers? Kick rocks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob from Canada0