PC XBMC (server) to Xbox XBMC (client) media streaming. Possible?
I realized that I hade 4 xbox a couple days ago. I traded one to a friend and he bought me 2 xbox dvd playback kits. I am going to softmod two of them (as one was hardmodded with a X2 chip years ago) and put XBMC on them. I am putting in slightly bigger HDD's in them (40gb) so they can have a bit of local media on them.

I want to network them to my main media computer. I know that XBMC supports a variety of different methods to do so. I have not been able to find any solid information on what would be the best way to do this, if its possible, any hurdles I may have to jump, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (as I am tired of never being able to use my own media player)
Just use SMB sharing. Set up file sharing on the PC, and select SMB on the XBMC boxes for a new network share (IP address pointed to the local IP of your computer)
Ned Scott Wrote:Just use SMB sharing. Set up file sharing on the PC, and select SMB on the XBMC boxes for a new network share (IP address pointed to the local IP of your computer)

I assumed this would be really easy. Seeing as how well put together this front end is. I just want not 100% on if the xbox to pc thing was going to throw a wrench into it. Hopefully this will all go smoothly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PC XBMC (server) to Xbox XBMC (client) media streaming. Possible?0