[WINDOWS] XMBC doesn't see nrg images
Just installed XMBC on Windows 7, 64-bit. The problem is simple: XMBC doesn't see my old nrg images (Nero). When I browse to a folder with such images in it, they're simply not showing.

At first I thought this type of image was simply not supported, but the FAQ clearly says: "Play supported audio files directly from BIN, IMG, NRG and ISO CD/DVD-images."

So, what am I missing?
Anyone? Anyone? Bueler? Bueler?

Seriously, this should be a simple issue. I found some (very few) related topics, most of which talk about mounting an nrg file on a virtual disc. That doesn't work either, btw. XBMC sees the drive, and says:

L: (Audio-CD)

But when I double-click it, it says "DVD, please insert disc." Right.

Besides, the manual very specificially states you can play nrg files directly (see quote in start-post).

I run the latest stable XBMC (10.1), on Windows 7, 64-bit (WoW) Service Pack 1 build 7601.
I don't have any NRG files to hand, but if I rename some random file to test.nrg then it does show in file mode so XBMC is recognising the .nrg suffix.

I'm not sure I'd place too much significance on the failure to play your virtual drive as XBMC can be finicky about playign from DVD drives other than the first one.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I don't have any NRG files to hand, but if I rename some random file to test.nrg then it does show in file mode so XBMC is recognising the .nrg suffix.

I'm not sure I'd place too much significance on the failure to play your virtual drive as XBMC can be finicky about playign from DVD drives other than the first one.

JR

Thanks for your reply.

I can see the .nrg audio files being listed under Video, but not under Music! (trying to play a music .nrg file as video results in disaster, btw).

Also, I can't seem to toggle at all between file or library mode. Library mode seems off, and can't be clicked on to 'on' (even when XBMC runs as Administrator).
Ah, I missed the fact it was music not video.

I don't think the music player will play music from nrgs. It doesn't play music from ISO images.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Ah, I missed the fact it was music not video.

I don't think the music player will play music from nrgs. It doesn't play music from ISO images.

JR

Ok, thx.

You'd be surprised, btw, how few programs apparently can convert nrg audio files to ISO (including MagicISO and such).

I guess my best bet is just to find a program that will convert the cd's .cda files to flac or something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] XMBC doesn't see nrg images0