Help on JSON RPC Files.Download
(2013-07-23, 21:28)sraisbeck Wrote: it means the script can't locate the files required to perform the functions asked of it... without a tutorial on altering the configuration file i'm afraid that is about all i can give you...

The "tutorial" *is* the post I linked you to.

The script needs to know where your userdata folder/directory is, it tries to work this out for itself but when that fails you need to tell it where to look using the "userdata" property, either on the command line (@userdata=/path/to/userdata) or in the texturecache.cfg file.

(2013-07-23, 21:28)sraisbeck Wrote: have you tried using the jsonrpc api to return the property "file" from a call to the AudioLibrary.GetSongDetails API?

have you been able to return a file path and file name?

Actually, no - that isn't an API I've used before. I've used AudioLibrary.GetSongs, which works fine and returns file.

I've just tested AudioLibrary.GetSongDetails (OpenELEC 3.1.4 candidate, XBMC 12.2, JSON API 6.0.3) and you are right - it's not returning the "file" field when requested.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
GetSongs might help me

what i'm trying to do is make it possible for me to download any song in my library remotely to my phone through an http transport if i can return the file path through GetSongs I should be able to set up a search with a something like "filter":{"feild":"title", "operator":"contains", "value":"SPECIFIC LABEL RETURNED FROM PREVIOUS SEARCH"}

thank you that was helpful

i will play with the *tutorial* you linked me to and figure out what i'm doing wrong...

and thank you for checking that i'm not just spouting nonsense on the GetSongDetails file property....
in case anyone is interested, i got the downloading to work... it is ugly bloated and slow, but i now have the ability to download any song in my library remotely, from any place that has internet connectivity...

i still have to implement it for artist and album searches but that is trivial in comparison to just getting the thing running to begin with...

thank you for your help...

i have reported the failure to return the property "file" as a bug and hopefully in the near future i will be able to do this much more simply and precisely...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help on JSON RPC Files.Download0