Pm3 as standard skin
(britneyspairs @ april 09 2005,13:03 Wrote:ok ill leave this but id say they are valid questions for standard skin. only wanted direct answers pretty easy questions i thought. its easy enough to hack the graphics in skin as well, but think its a wierd to have a non open source default skin.
ok i wont mention this ever again but i tell you it dents open source and goes against it all what i thought xbmc stood for.

also i agree all i did was change everything that was asked in forums and i couldnt release patchs cause a it isnt open and had to open it and b because although they asked it wasnt really alowed to support people. so i released it as skin for all those that asked and he said dont mention him so i didnt then people say i passed it as mine yeah right read the read me in about 10 places it says its not mine Sad anyway enough is enough its silly

my point is this. i dont beleive its open source and its stollen from someone else anyway (dont care but though dev did) and never heard it mentioned.
i never said you stole anything or that you tried to hide anything, but things have a way of change once it's on the internet. person a downloads your mod and makes a dist with it. person b downloads that from an ftp and strips away all readme files. person c downloads that copy and see "chokemaniac" and thinks what the hell was he thinking when he did that thing. and so on. hope you get my point.

i just ment that if someone makes changes to something someone else has made. it's possible that it's not for the better and that it could be a bad thing for the original author.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
well ok bp - just to shut you up finally

i made everything you can see in the skin myself except the icons and some photos - i have full permission for the icons and even made most of them myself (putting new stuff in them)

source

final

source

final

we might wanna remove the logos from the phtotos, but i dont think anyone gives a damn - from i dell i ripped a media center 1:1 (and im not proud of it) of course they wouldnt like that!

but im pm3 theres my heart in every texture and i spent months making every single one better and better - so im not gonna make them just public to get my 'heart' broken in 15 mins by some random .... whatever

if the team doesnt wanna make it default because its not gonna be open source - fine with me

question answered? now could you please leave me alone? you became really annoying and i dont want to spoil another forum fighting with you - let it go!!

and if you want some of my textures to mock them up - just ask!

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

the thing with bp is .. he/she wants to mod pmiii but cannt cz the textures are locked.. anyway.. if anyone wants to make a lookalike of pmiii then i think the .xml files are enough.. the files has all the image names with positions and everything..

edit:.. just saw you put a skin named britneyspairs in the xbox-scene.. you should atleast have the manner to put a name like "pmiii ripoff". or "stolen pmiii with modified .xml"..
allright changed my mind - go mod ahead

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

he told me not to mention project mayhem at all other wise i would have given him total credit. i gone and totally redone settings and right button stuff now. and im about to change every window to be totally different. i can then post to him if he wants to see if not ill change every graphics in texture.xpr to another look maybe to tampers old one. is this allright to use as template or is that unorginal. the skin changes im going to make will make it like no other skin anyway. im doing it purely for interface design really want to make it alot easier for the people that have no clue. i dont even have to release skin i dont care i can give it to kotix and he can hack around with it but it will take me a 20-30 hours id say just to change the xmls and some may like the work ill do. also some graphics are from nvidia you have perssion for those ? alot of its taken from there mplayer skin. (really i dont care about that or it being open to tell the truth any more if its not ill use your xmls and completely redo graphics will take a few more weeks to get it all going thats all )
sorry about release having no credit but i tried i wanted to release just patchs (about 10 diff small files to add commonly asked defaults, and he says he wanted to help this would save about 1million questions on tonnes of forums )
allright cheers choke if its not open source just say so thats all good thats all i need to know, you seemed to support mods that all.

ps it looks great and allways said it did dont really care if its open source or not if not wouldnt offer any help and also i dont care about graphics but thought dev did.
dam also pm3 runs a bit jumpy due to issues told to us. could you please explain how to pack extra textures into a current one, or release a version with it all packed so it runs quickly (knows its in beta, but alot use it and just tryed texturing up ninja cause i thought the build was faulty but skin ran find after texture compressions Smile )
umm.. just get it from cvs. the textures.xpr has everything packed and runs smooth.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

cheers
cheers just looked in cvs its all good, i will mock up a quick mods to skin in next week or (it will be quite a bit diff from pm3 in function but the skin gave me ideas especially video overlay idea) i will mock up soon and post pics for choke if he likes the ideas he can run with them and ill send him all work (alot diff than released one) as he is the man. if not ill spend some time change the graphics and release in pal hopefully kotix can help as well.
what are you talking about?

this little corner?

im pretty sure they dont mind

---

this is so lame - im outta here for a while

hey choke ive been playing with the button scroller. i got it about 80% working the way you would want. currently you would need to add 2 buttons to the top, but it dosnt scroll (i know you dislike that)

only big problem is the text does not render. why i have no idea, so anyone who has the ability please tell me what im doing wrong.

Quote: <controlgroup>
<control>
<description>home buttons</description>
<type>buttonscroller</type>
<id>300</id>
<posx>76</posx>
<posy>221</posy>
<width>35</width>
<height>34</height>
<buttongap>6</buttongap>
<numbuttons>5</numbuttons>
<orientation>vertical</orientation>
<align>left</align>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<movement>2</movement>
<defaultbutton>1</defaultbutton>
<alpha>100</alpha>
<wraparound>no</wraparound>
<smoothscrolling>no</smoothscrolling>
<font>special13</font>
<onleft>98</onleft>
<onright>99</onright>
<onup>300</onup>
<ondown>300</ondown>
<textoffsetx>45</textoffsetx>
<texturefocus>home-focus.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
<textcolor>ffffffff</textcolor>
</control>
</controlgroup>

i have tried plenty of text colors including other variations such as ddced8da, but still nothing.

also notice how much faster the home screen renders when using a button scroller as opposed to individual buttons Smile
the wrong thing is that the buttons is not wide enought to include the text.
the width is 35, so you need to make( for example) a texture 150 wide, with jewel button on left and trasparent all the right side.
then use align left and text offset 45. Smile

p.s. i would use wraparound too, and move on settings etc moving right or left, but that is chokey decision.
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
choke specifically said he dosnt like wrap around.

i agree, it looks much better to have the cursor bounce back to the top button.
ok ive played with the skin for about 5 hours now and have totaly changed the look and feel of pm3 seems to work really well. ill say it is not a little hack like last one but complete change in operation of the skin and surprisingly it worked perfect and made it way easier to use. now that ive mocked it up and seen its complete posible i want to start from scratch and do it properly again as ive seen a few areas that could be done better. but id like choke to look at it first maybe he might actually see some areas he might like and he will sit there and do skin in all modes (ntsc pal high something i dont have the tv`s for and cant be bothered). also jmarshal may want to see this as i believe it will improve interface for the common user alot. happy to share mock up but how? pm me and ill send you ftp file and pass to open it. dont want credit just know it may improve useablity and you guys can decide and jmarshal has asked for ideas (if a pic tells a 1000 words then this should hay at 1001, even if it is a 10 percent stage)

nickman please tell me anyskin you have done or work?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pm3 as standard skin0