Simplicity Problems/Questions/Maybe bugs?
After trying a bunch of skins, with none of them being the perfect solution for me, I believe that Simplicity is my favorite. But I several things aren't working correctly or working like I think they should. I am hoping I can get help to fix these things, or confirm if they are known issues.

1. The Pictures section does not work well. When I select the Pictures menu item from home, it opens the Pictures view, in the upper left it says "Browsing: return" and nothing ever happens after that. I get no options to add a source, access addons, or anything at all. The up arrow to view options also does not work. But then, if hit backspace (and would normally expect to go back to the home screen), I finally get a file view allowing me to add source and access addons.

2. When I select music, the next screen has no items to select. I have to then view options and disable library mode. Once in file mode, I can see my music source, go to music addons, etc. If I understand it correctly, there really isn't a library view available for music, so if that is a limitation of XBMC, so be it. But it would then be nice if you were automatically in file mode when you entered the music section.

3. The recently added items that appear above the menu on the home screen (for both movies and TV Shows) only work intermittently. When they are not working, there are still items up there, but they have no data and no thumbnails. But then sometimes they work as expected.

4. When Home is the highlighted item there are three itmes above the menu bar: Movies, Episodes, and Albums. The numbers for these items (total and unwatched) only populate some of the time. Just like in item 3, I have not been able to discover the set of circumstances that leads to this working correctly sometimes but not others.

5. Maybe some of these things are fixed in later builds, but I cannot get it to install. I download the latest zip from GIT and try to install from zip within XBMC but the install fails. I do not see any errors in the ddebug log, I just get a pop up message saying that the install failed.

So if anyone can offer fixes, workarounds, etc. to help me with these issue I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.
What version of xbmc are you running?

What version of the skin are you using?
To learn more, click here.
igotdvds Wrote:What version of xbmc are you running?

What version of the skin are you using?

I have mostly been running XBMC 10.1, but I have also tried the nightly build a few nights ago (I had the same problems plus new ones, but of course that is to be expected with the nightly builds).

As for the Simplicity skin, I have tried both version 1.2.0 and a SVN version I got from the Passion repository that is labeled version 1314963348. I am having the issues in my OP in both of these versions.

As I already said, I have also tried to install Simplicity from the nightly builds but the installation always fails (both with XBMC 10.1 and the nightly build of it). I am not sure if I am doing something wrong to install the nightly build of Simplicity but it appears to be straightforward process to install from a zip.

Again, thanks in advance for whatever advice I can get about these issues.

Also, if it makes any difference, I am running Windows 7, SP1.
rshieldsr Wrote:I have mostly been running XBMC 10.1, but I have also tried the nightly build a few nights ago (I had the same problems plus new ones, but of course that is to be expected with the nightly builds).

As for the Simplicity skin, I have tried both version 1.2.0 and a SVN version I got from the Passion repository that is labeled version 1314963348. I am having the issues in my OP in both of these versions.

As I already said, I have also tried to install Simplicity from the nightly builds but the installation always fails (both with XBMC 10.1 and the nightly build of it). I am not sure if I am doing something wrong to install the nightly build of Simplicity but it appears to be straightforward process to install from a zip.

Again, thanks in advance for whatever advice I can get about these issues.

Also, if it makes any difference, I am running Windows 7, SP1.

See here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=799956&postcount=1
To learn more, click here.
igotdvds Wrote:See here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=799956&postcount=1

Okay, thanks for that link. I had not found that until you pointed me to it.

I guess it is clear that this is the last version of Simplicity for Dharma, so the rest of this post may be pointless. But for the record, here is my status now.

Item 1 from my original post is still a bug/issue/problem for me.
Item 2 from my original post is now good.
Item 3 from my original post is now good.
Item 4 from my original post is now good.

Item 5 from my original post is still an issue but now only with nightly builds of both XBMC and Simplicity. Perhaps this is okay given that we are talking about nightly builds, but the complete lack of debug info telling my I cannot install the skin is frustrating.

Thanks again for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simplicity Problems/Questions/Maybe bugs?0