TV Series from two different folders
Let's say I have the following added to a share:

TV Series
server://TV Series 1
server://TV Series 2

I finish the space on the first hard disk. And in the first source (TV Series 1) I have the first four seasons of a show. Then season 5 begins and I create a directory under TV Series 2 where I put the season 5 episodes.

Under TV Shows, in XBMC, I see a single TV series with the correct title. But when I enter it season 5 has a different fanart. And if I remove the whole series from the database, only one of the two "source directories" is removed, leaving the other (I can later eliminate the second one too, that is not the problem).

What happens is that, basically, it's like there are two TV series that just happen to share the same title and are displayed accordingly. Is there a way to set up the tvdb scraper so that everything falls under the same entry for real?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I don't know if a symbolic link would help?
There may well be a trick to make it do what you want...
However, the easiest solution is often the best solution. Nod If you move the whole series to your second disk you will never have to deal with the split locations again. I find it best to keep it as simple as possible.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
The fanart will be different if another one have gotten more votes since you first scraped.
do you use linux?

i use mhddfs to 'stitch' my HD's together, have added about 5 over the last couple of years with no issue.
I don't see the problem just drop the same fanart from the other seasons in with season 5
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I tried to get this working a while back too but found it to be unreliable. Unfortunately I don't recall exactly what my symptoms where but I ended up shuffling shows around so that I could have every show on the same partition.

There are several reasons why one might want to do what ashlar asked about:

1) original server / partition runs out of space
2) you want non-HD shows on one partition and HD shows on another and switched to HD for one series after a few seasons
3) (my situation) to speed up library updates, move older seasons to another source which is "excluded from library updates". These would be seasons where the database info is "set in stone" and not needing further updates. For shows like The Simpsons where we are on the 23rd season, it saves a bit of time to exclude the first 22 Smile
Maybe I'm missing something but I have a number of shows with seasons on different drives you can either have different artwork or the same artwork

Pull up info while on the season you want to change and select "get thumb" or "get fanart" to change it or just use refresh if you have local artwork although if you have local artwork you wouldn't need to do it in the first place
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:Maybe I'm missing something but I have a number of shows with seasons on different drives you can either have different artwork or the same artwork

Pull up info while on the season you want to change and select "get thumb" or "get fanart" to change it or just use refresh if you have local artwork although if you have local artwork you wouldn't need to do it in the first place
You are obviously right, in fact mine wasn't a complaint or a request for help. I just felt it was worth pointing out that currently the system sees two different shows that just happen to have the same title. Otherwise I can't explain why removing a TV series takes two passages (and I suspect it could take three or more in case you had episodes all over the place, but that's an extreme case that I don't deem likely).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Series from two different folders0