Help with Ooba multi-browser script
Sad 
hello

i've been working on this script (ooba.py). i'd like to have some help with it to make it more stable. it is completely stable when i run it in alexpoets emulator, but not on my xbox.

it can be downloaded here:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/16987987/
(note: click on the small down-arrow under the screenshot to download the file.)

description:
this is a script for xbmc that allows you to browse various web sites. my ambition is that you can give it a list of urls and tell it what it should do with "that kind of url".  e.g. mp3,pls&avi files should be played, jpg should be shown and
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/index_choose.shtml should result in a sub menu. it all nearly works.

at the moment it contains links to
* comics.com
* danish radio
* danish tv news
* bbc radio
* adult video and images
pls someone hlp him get this going it looks great
i haven't tested your script yet, but have an idea for this, i was trying to create something similar myself; i cant get pil installed to get the emulator going (running back and forth to my x is driving me nuts), however:

is it possible to modify your script in such a way to have the individual links + submenu's + expressions retrieved from an online database and build the menus based upon that data ? this way everyone can contribute and everything will be available realtime, in stead of downloading a new version each time an update is made.

i can build and host such a database (and on short basis Smile )

just brainstorming  :idea:
thanks for the encouragement.

yes in principle it would be quite easy (download an xml with the data to populate the mainmenu and the list of possible actions). i'm also considering merging my script with the flexibrowse script.

i have already corrected many bugs. but i can't figure out how to update the file on http://www.xbmcscripts.com (Huh)   Smile am i supposed to upload it again? the latest version is on deviantart.
hi,

i'm a little new developer of these xbmc script soo this suggestion can be wrong....  :d

i think you always need to def oncontrol in mainwindow, also without using it....

my script at the begin was fully of random crash (only on xboc not in the emulator) without it:

def oncontrol(self, control):
  pass
thanks i'll try that out. it is too bad that xbmc is so critical about details like this. for example, one of the hardest bugs to find was that this is not allowed:

Quote:self.textbox = xbmcgui.controltextbox(int(self.xratio*190),int(self.yratio*130),int(self.xratio*430),int(self.yratio*345), 'font14', '0xffffffff')
self.textbox.reset()
self.textbox.settext('monkey')
self.addcontrol(self.textbox)

you'll have to add the control before setting the text. now, that is just strange.
phunck i hope you can get it to work it well be a good script :kickass:
hi

using the newest version of xbmc and your newest release.
i can view some of the pics but others error out. i haven't
been able to view any of the mpegs it acts like it is downloading
them but then nothing any ideas?

thanks
gary
yes i have the same problems myself. and those exact bugs are the focus of my attention at the moment. the latest release is v0.2 which is much more stable than v0.1. with the mpegs i call

player.play("[url]http://something/something.mpeg"[/url])

apparently that is wrong. any suggestions? :help:

the viewimage chrash is just strange. i feel like i've tried everything.
i have released v0.3.

i have removed most bugs in the script (by removing calls to unlock and lock). it can now succesfully play pörn mpegs and chrashes are almost completely eliminated. :d
nice one :kickass:
still not working on mpegs for me Confused
Quote:i have removed most bugs in the script (by removing calls to unlock and lock).  

i have seen my suggestion... i'm curious... was necessary?
i can see some of the mpegs very small down in lower left
corner script will not run with the orbs skin. it will work with pmiii
but like i said very small video window in lower left hand corner
of screen anyway to enlarge it?

thanks
gary
when you quit ooba then you can press x to enlarge the video. if anybody knows how to start the video's in full screen, please let me know.

at the moment i'm just calling .player.play(url) and it starts as a small thumbnail sized video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Ooba multi-browser script0