What is a good multimedia manager? I come from EMM
Question 
hi

EMM is going through different developments, with different groups, a lot of issues, and the original EMM developer left it

so what is the best substitute for EMM?

thanks
honestly i've been going through em all lately and haven't found a single one i would recommend more than.. still EMM.. which is a shame really, i found most others to have bugs more critical than EMM or the UI being garbage compared to it.
YANFOE.v2 could be an option.
There's still a few bugs to iron out before an official post about it is made.
HiSoC8Y Wrote:hi

so what is the best substitute for EMM?

thanks

XBMC

then export library to files

It baffles me why people even fool with anything else. Its a waste of time and effort.
FishOil Wrote:It baffles me why people even fool with anything else. Its a waste of time and effort.

Because it's quick to scan in emm, you have more control over data and can fill missing info immediately so library stays complete, your hdd doesn't get clogged up with pointless files xbmc caches forever when you change the artwork, you don't need to regularly export to ensure your library data is safe, easily get trailers locally so broken links etc don't affect you.

XBMC wasn't always as good at scraping and some people have been using these for a long time and when you get it set up it is just as easy and offers more control, you just scan your folder and can immediately correct wrong or missing data such as certificate, plot, title which especially for non us users can be a big problem. I can assure you that clicking scan all data for the 3 new movies you have and editing immediately in emm is far quicker than letting xbmc rescan your library, then rescrape artwork in xbmc if data is right else open browser go to xwmm edit data and images, go back to xbmc run image cleaner script and then export entire library. A lot depends how accurate you want all your data but for maximum control xbmc can't come close, and shouldn't either to keep the interface clean.

anyway in regards to op, the new emm-r seems to be pretty good again, working as expected here with none of the unfound movie or inability to change movies with the previous scraper mods, also has youtube trailer downloading again which is awesome for filling the blanks that couchpotatos hd trailer scraper can't find. Loving having my emm back so I don't need to just use the native xbmc stuff again, just remember to use the 32 bit version regardless of your os.
EMM still exists, why use anything else?
craigd Wrote:Because it's quick to scan in emm,

I can assure you that clicking scan all data for the 3 new movies you have and editing immediately in emm is far quicker than letting xbmc rescan your library, then rescrape artwork in xbmc

Why would you rescan the entire library?

Select the movie in question and scan for new content or edit title. 3 Seconds and the new data is downloaded.
FishOil Wrote:Why would you rescan the entire library?

Select the movie in question and scan for new content or edit title. 3 Seconds and the new data is downloaded.

Re-install of XBMC or running XBMC on multiple pc's
FishOil Wrote:Why would you rescan the entire library?

I've got over 3500 movies, rescanning in xbmc for changes is probably quicker than navigating to find individual new movies, my point was though not everyones setups and needs are the same, saying it's pointless using anything but xbmc is massively inaccurate. for large libraries, non commercial content, non US content and people fussy about all data as well as others external managers are better options.
I use EMM in addition to the native scrapers in XBMC. Normally I make the first scan with XBMC. Only if XBMC doesn't find what I want, I use EMM. I always use the Videobuster.de-scraper, because it found about 90% of my nearly 6700 movies.
connors Wrote:Re-install of XBMC or running XBMC on multiple pc's

That wouldnt matter as the relevant data is now in the correct folder with the correct information. Jpg Png Nfo...etc
FishOil Wrote:That wouldnt matter as the relevant data is now in the correct folder with the correct information. Jpg Png Nfo...etc

I was under the impression that xbmc only read nfo files, fairly sure it doesn't write them?

I atleast have had a bunch of files incorrectly scraped by xbmc, and manually re-scraping in xbmc only changed it in the local database, did not alter or create a nfo file in the folder.

So a 2nd client would have to go through the exact same process, or I've somehow managed to screw up my installations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is a good multimedia manager? I come from EMM0